GIVE A HELPING HAND

DeTasha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

While on the face of it, Amethyst is correct, I believe it's rather irresponsible to suggest to someone just starting out that they should disregard templates altogether.  Templates can be an instrumental educational tool for those who are just beginning to learn how to create stuff for SL.

It's quite possible to create something truly unique by mixing and matching templates, along with creative texture work.  The key is being able to channel your creativity and initiative in order not to fall into creating the same exact thing as everyone else, only in a different color.  I know not your level of experience with graphic artistry, but I would think that even a very experienced graphic artist would benefit from working with examples of things created specifically for SL, if they've never created for SL before.

That being said, it would be helpful for you to specify what type of templates with which you wish to start working.  Are you considering system clothing templates or mesh clothing templates?  Also, what style of clothing are you contemplating making?  Because, that might assist others in pointing you toward templates specific to your interest.

...Dres

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPOND..AS A BIGINNER I SEE WORKING FROM TEMPLATES IS EASIER FOR ME..LIKE YOU POINTED OUT ABOUT CREATIVITY AND INITIATIVE NOT TO HAVE MY PRODUCT LOOKING THE SAME AS OTHER..I WANT TO SPECIALIZE IN MESH CLOTHING WOMAN WEAR DRESSES..PANTS TOPS ETC.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.