Furry Avatar Recommendations

RoseTheSillyDragon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm currently looking for a decent white and red dragon Avatar, which can match with most outfits. I've been having trouble with finding one, and I've been looking everywhere. I might give up on the dragon idea, but I just love dragons so much!

If you can help me, it'd be the best thing you can do for me! ^~^ 

Thank you

-Kyla :heart:

Your best bet is going to be putting one together with components instead of finding one that is a full avatar.

To be able to fit "most clothes" use a regular avatar shape and a dragon skin (with appliers for mesh if you get a mesh avatar.  You also could consider one of the popular mesh bodies, although not all clothes work with them.  If you go for the mesh option, shop for dragon skin appliers first and see which mesh bodies they support as well as look for mesh clothing and clothing appliers that you like.   The Omega system appliers work with the broadest range of mesh bodies.  If you purchase the body first you may not find dragon skins to use with it.

You can then purchase modifiable legs, a tail, feet etc.  Some come with texture files that you can use in Photoshop or Gimp (a free graphics program) to color texture and/or decorate as you please others you can just color.  If you like the texture option but don't do textures, you can hire someone to help you with that.

The result will be a unique avatar that won't look like a lot of other dragons and you will get an avatar that is closest to the way you want to look.  Unique avatars are valued in SL.

Start your search in Marketplace.  Always demo skins, hair, shapes, and any mesh bodies and clothes you look at BEFORE you buy them.  If no Demo is offered, don't buy it.  Some Marketplace listings have demos only available in world.  If no demo is apparent, then see if the merchant has a store in world as they may have a demo there.

I have the almost perfect recommendation for you! Dark Spot Designs makes great non-mesh furry avatars, which means they can fit regular avatar clothes. Unfortunately, the dragon avatars don't come in red/white,but there is red/black, plain red, or black/white, plus more.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Furry-Dragon-WhiteBlack/5317022

The details are very nice in both the skin and the accessories. I actually want this one myself, but for now, I'm sticking with my kemono.

Please let me know if this is the right look for you! I can set other recommendations if you want more of a cute avatar, though it would be a little more costly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.