Firestorm Viewer

Nefari Nandahar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everybody:matte-motes-smile:

Checking out the Firestorm viewer. Seems cool, but some things are strange...

First, I walk backwards...kinda.. When I press arrow up, I walk towards the camera. And when I press arrow down I walk away...a bit strange I think...

Second, I see the bridge. Cant say that I understand what a bridge is, but I guess its important. Its a circle, like a small hula hoop on my behind. I made it transparent so it doesnt bother me, but still a bit strange...

In Phoenix, you could adjust the height and position on the avatar on the XYZ axis. Is this still possible? Havent found that function yet...

If you have a clue on one or more of my questions/ observations, please write something.

See you on the other side

Nefari

For the walking, I'd check Preferences, but it's not something I'ver ever come across.

The Bridge is an LSL script that gives the Viewer some extra features, by adding ways of getting data from in-world. It's not fully matching what it can do in Phoenix, so it doesn't matter much for this version. The solution to this sort of  problem is to detach the Bridge and delete from inventory, and then re-log to a quiet sim. Firestorm should then create a new version. This is a sort of general asset-loading problem and that's a general solution.

The only possible low-lag region I recall is Pooley. There are others. 

• 1 month later...

Hi :smileysad: can u plz help me well I was going to log into SL and then the dns host name could not be found  so i turn off my internet and it worked i had the same problem and i did the same thing,nothing happen.So i toke it out of my cp and i downloaded Firestorm and the samething happen i did the samething, but nothing happen i need help plz thanks.

I must say I love Firestorm when it's 'working' .. But then I log aout and try to return .. and can't get past "creating bridge, this might tiake a few minutes" ... and then suddenly "you have been logged out of secondlife... "  This can go on for HOURS .. I need help! The same happens with Viewer 2. It's very upsetting.  I have uninstalled (including program files) .. Thought it might be my internet connection and had my system overhauled by my service provider so now I have 6mgps ... and I am still stuck off line after been teased with an hour or two inworld.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am having the same issue with Firestorm:

I too can't get past "creating bridge, this might take a few minutes" ... and then suddenly "you have been logged out of Secondlife... "  

I've removed the bar and that didn't help. Any ideas?

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

hi,

im having an issue similar i visited a place and my camera decided to go weird.

Now it is way zoomed in to the point when i hit esc and walk its just not even showing me. I'm reading comments and trying to fix this but I can't and its ruining my experience as I honestly don't want to play anymore with this view i have

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.