Custom Avatars?

PsychoticBovine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been on Second Life for about four years now (Though this is my literal first time on the forums), but back in 2011 when I first started, I remember meeting someone with what she referred to as a "Custom avatar", and that it had cost 200 real life dollars. I was shocked, but impressed by her avatar. 

Since then, I recently considered trying to find out more about custom avatars. Fully aware that it could cost me 200 dollars at *least*, but I have not been able to find any information. 

I've been doing some research on the forums, I've seen people saying that, as I previously knew, it would be *very* expensive, and that it would generally be a better idea to seek out someone in-world as not many furry creators come to the forums. 

So, price? I'm aware it's going to be a truck load of cash. 

But I don't know any furry creators, nor would I know where to look.

Is there any advice someone can give me? I'm fine with looking in-world, I just need someone to point me in the right direction.

Use search.  I looked and found several people there.  You can also go around to furry shops and look up the merchants profile to see if they do custom work.

Another option is to look in search for people who create custom mesh in general and see if they are interested in working with you.  Many are capable of producing just about anything you want.

Are you a furry In-world? If so I would contact some of the creators of furry avies and see if any of them can direct you. I wish I could help more, if this question was posed to me about 5 years ago I could have helped you greatly. Good luck in your search though.

• 1 month later...

That sounds like Katana Wooley;I know he charges extravagante prices for custom AVs;you can probably look around for some that are more affordable. I myself make custom AVs, but not many Furry types, but my prices are nowhere near that high. There are a few other content creators I know that won't charge you an arm & a leg for an AV; if you have any questions feel free to contact me in SL. Good luck in your search.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.