Crux avatar vendor locations?

Aleurei

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

They are easily findable on the marketplace  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/  and also an in-world shopping mall can be found in web search  http://search.secondlife.com/  but you have to be signed in with your Second Life name, and have Mature and Adult search turned on. This means your account has to be adult qualified.  

When I search this is what I get:

No close matches found for "mutation industries", expanding to a broader search.

I guess I'm just not going to have one. P: If I can't find it, I shouldn't be using it. Saves me money, anyway.

• 2 years later...

Crux is no longer being sold, and those 'books' on the MP (3 versions one for free, and the two versions that got posted) are stolen content. Any avatars/skins/whatever being sold in this 'book format' are copybotted items.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah, if only he had left it out, like he did with the other mutation vendor, I bought my crux at Zeo as well BEFORE the vendor disapeared and that was back in.....hrm...2012? or perhaps I got it sometime in 2011, sometime after I joined SL which was on April 2, 2011, I have the REAL one and not copybotted one, I would like to get a different color one, I have the one with the purple stripes.

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
43 minutes ago, STW666 said:

Does someone know if there is still a plac eto get the crux?

Did you read the posts in this thread? Looks like the answer is no and has been for years.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

HELLO,

Friendly neighborhood Crux here. Yes that area is where you can get the Crux bodies and its a kickass active Crux club. HOWEVER, the Crux is obtained by clicking on a neon green tentacle coming up from the ground and "purchasing" it for 0 lindens. This tentacle has writing on it and is found in the shopping area on the right not far from where you spawn. As a matter of fact it is the first shop on the right. Hope this helps and feel free to ask anyone for help, we arn't TOO crazy ;3

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Did anyone even read the old thread?

On 19.7.2014 at 1:06 AM, Aeromia said:

Crux is no longer being sold, and those 'books' on the MP (3 versions one for free, and the two versions that got posted) are stolen content. Any avatars/skins/whatever being sold in this 'book format' are copybotted items.

If it is OKed by the original designer there's no problem, otherwise....

• 1 year later...
28 minutes ago, wolfyvas said:

it's been over a year since any posts here were made and i can't seem to find the crux avatar at those locations. anyone know if they still are around?

I guess you did not read the thread, they are no longer being sold, those locations would have had the vendors picked up. 

18 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

I guess you did not read the thread, they are no longer being sold, those locations would have had the vendors picked up. 

I did read the thread, it looked like for a while they were still being distributed but the location kept jumping around from the vendors/world changing, so I was just wondering if that was still going on or if all the vendors had finally closed.

• 1 year later...

Apologies for necro-ing this thread, but I went on a quest to find the crux last year, and this is one of the threads I referenced heavily. I thought I would pay it forward and tell everyone what I found out, especially for those who might be hunting for it in the future.

Couple disclaimers: the creator of the original Mutation Industries Crux (now known online as Etcher) has officially given blessing to the 'free' tentacle vendors. Allegedly, they were the one who originally placed them. That being said, Cerberus has received blessing to remake the Crux entirely as a mesh/bento avatar, and that version is available on the marketplace. Here are links to all three fatpacks. (Viridescent, Ultramarine, Vermillion)

The best location I would recommend anyone look is the Crux Dark Citadel and its adjacent sim, Whimsy Woods. Both sims are owned and created for vintage crux owners, and I know for sure that Whimsy Woods has a tentacle vendor on-property. There is another vendor on the Furry Fashion sim, shaped like a potion bottle, in a little hut reserved for free content. If all three of these options fail, the folks at the Dark Citadel have a much more encyclopedic knowledge of vendor locations than I do. A former vendor used to be located at the Lab Rats main store on the Furry Fashion sim, but the store has since been closed, or changed locations. If you can find it inworld at any point in the future, a vendor may be there.

(Futureproofing Addendum: if at any point the names and locations of these sims change, the current manager of the dark citadel is Lazew Diu Chaos. If you cannot find the Dark Citadel or the Woods, but can locate a crux sim that he still manages, it's likely that it's the same sim.)

Edited by Scrapspectyr
Futureproofing information, relevant because some locations listed in the thread have changed names several times.
  • Thanks 2

• 3 months later...

Scrapspectyr, ty so much for your hard work at finding the locations. I may not use my crux anymore but I was a big fan of the creators avatars (foxes unicorns bats and cruxes). I was aware of furry fashion but the other 2 sims you said well...never heard of them. Anytime I find someone wanting to try the furry life I point them to the crux. Thanks to you now I'll be going to Crux Dark Citadel and Whimsy Woods.    Question if anyone reads this..I want to buy the creators sphinx cats and bats  (I saw a vendor once but didn't have the money. The bat I heard comes in a Halloween color)  are there any other locations for said avatars? And is the creator still active? 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.