Clothes for TMP Bodies

Illuminatra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the TMP for female avatars, and I'm having an extremely hard time finding designers that make clothing for the body. Can any of you that own this body tell me which are your favorite designers so that I can go and check them out? I would greatly appreciate your help and input!

Thank you very much in advance!

A relatively simple Marketplace search will reveal that there is indeed a healthy flow of TMP-compatible clothing out there; most of those are mainly layer/applier-based, rather than rigged for that particular body, but if you have the Deluxe body you will find that many clothing not specifically designed to be TMP-compatible fit well enough after some fiddling with the TMP alpha HUD.

TMP is limited when compared with Slink and those that use the Omega system. You can actually blame TMP for that. The Style Mode hud is overly scripted and much more complicated than it needs to be.

They are set up so that what the hud does is actually apply that particular texture, bei clothing or skin, to the body from a server outside of SL. Many creatore, me included, are very uncomfortable putting our UUIDs, the code SL has assigned to the clothing template texture, onto a third party server. It also violates the EULA of some of the textures I use and the templates. Also, when their servers go down, you're stuck in what you have on until they come back up since you don't actually have the clothing info inworld but a link that's installed to your Style Mode that is attached to an outside server.

Wow,

Thank you all for the input regarding the Mesh Project bodies. I didn't realize the process that goes into making clothing, etc. for the body. Thank you for that information.

I notice that a lot of people prefer the Maitreya mesh body, because of its versatility. Is it possible to have a TMP head with a Maitreya body? There's a designer that I came across - "Modish" and they sell face installers for TMP heads and skin appliers for the Maitreya body, so that's why I'm curious to know if this combo works. If so... that would be excellent!

Thank you all again for your time & input regarding this. I really do appreciate it!

They should be usable together, but the easiest way to see for yourself is to grab a demo of the head, and a demo of the body, and try them on together. 

Triple check the neck, as that causes the most problems with any mesh head and mesh body worn together; the neck joins don't always match up.

Ariel Vuissent wrote:

They should be usable together, but the easiest way to see for yourself is to grab a demo of the head, and a demo of the body, and try them on together. 

Triple check the neck, as that causes the most problems with any mesh head and mesh body worn together; the neck joins don't always match up.

Thank you so much Ariel! ☺

TMP head and Maitreya body is almost flawless. At least if the skin designer has good appliers. I have quit using the TMP body when the Maitreya came out. Then I stopped using the TMP head when the LeLutka heads came out. But in a period, I was wearing TMP head with Maitreya body. You can see in this undedited picture:

Maitreya bod_TMP head.jpg

You can see a slight colorchange? This is Glam Affair appilers for both head and body. I stopped wearing TMP because of their StyleMode HUD and their policy... the design and product looks good.

I started to get problems when the StyleMode HUD was filling up. It was annoying to flip through and look at the small icons.

Marianne Little wrote:

TMP head and Maitreya body is almost flawless. At least if the skin designer has good appliers. I have quit using the TMP body when the Maitreya came out. Then I stopped using the TMP head when the LeLutka heads came out. But in a period, I was wearing TMP head with Maitreya body. You can see in this undedited picture:

Maitreya bod_TMP head.jpg

You can see a slight colorchange? This is Glam Affair appilers for both head and body. I stopped wearing TMP because of their StyleMode HUD and their policy... the design and product looks good.

I started to get problems when the StyleMode HUD was filling up. It was annoying to flip through and look at the small icons.

Wow, thank you very much for telling me about your experience and providing a photo for us all to see! That looks like a very good match to me... almost flawless! I am so excited to get my 'mesh on.' LOL

The owners will probably pull my authorization eventually but I have to be honest. The TMP, IMHO, has several major flaws that are deal breakers for me. First, Slink hands and feet are not compatible with it and their feet aren't compatible with Slink shoes. Next is the Style Hud. You get installers, not appliers. Designers have to load their texture UUID's into the TMP server. The installer installs the link to those textures and when you hit it, applies that texture from their data base. When their servers are down. you can't change your skin or clothing. So, if they decide to close up shop, you're stuck and there won't be anymore applier-base clothes for it. At least with the Slink, everything is inworld and, just as with Phat Azz and Wowmeh that are no longer sold, you will still be able to get appliers for it. Most of the other mesh bodies and body parts are Omega applier system compatible so no worries there. Personally, I also think the TMP body is overprices and overscripted...but as I said, this is all my personal opinion.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.