Can you help me acquire this avi look?

Nakkorra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The first thing to try IMO, would be to contact the store owner & ask if they can help you.  Maybe they can provide you with a style notecard.

The avie may be the owner/creator but if not, perhaps they may be able to direct you to the model.

There appear to be a variety of items, including tatoos & could even be some makeup layers. 

Good luck :)

Nyx Karas wrote:

Well in that case I'd just message the seller and ask if they could give you the style card anyway.

Curious why someone would go to the trouble of making a style card and putting it up for sale then give it to some stranger for free? 

Pamela Galli wrote:

Nyx Karas wrote:

Well in that case I'd just message the seller and ask if they could give you the style card anyway.

Curious why someone would go to the trouble of making a style card and putting it up for sale then give it to some stranger for free? 

Don't ask me, I'm not doing it. But occasionally people are nice for no reason.

Nyx Karas wrote:

Don't ask me, I'm not doing it. But occasionally people are nice for no reason.

There is a word for going around asking strangers for free things, and sure, it happens in groups all the time, and occasionally I do get IMed by some stranger asking me to give him a house (like I am going to take money from my good customers but give things away to strangers?). Obviously the reason people do it is because if you annoy enough people with your begging, you will eventually find someone "nice" enough to give you something. 

I don't think asking a creator what parts they used for a certain avatar model is unreasonable, which is pretty much what a style card is. It would hardly be the same as asking to be given the whole outfit for free. And either way, no one is making you do anything. You're free to ignore people.

Nyx Karas wrote:

And either way, no one is making you do anything. You're free to ignore people.

Not exactly. I hear the IM bell ring, I must stop what I am doing in the store or in Blender, and check my IMs for the new message (which is often "hi" or "r u there?" which means I must inquire further to elicit the question). So even if I do choose to ignore the question, it interrupts my work. Probably some merchants are not so busy that such interruptions have become a real annoyance, but I would advise everyone to err on the side of good manners and not interrupt people in order to beg. If they are selling something you want, either buy it or do without.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Nyx Karas wrote:

Not exactly. I hear the IM bell ring, I must stop what I am doing in the store or in Blender, and check my IMs for the new message (which is often "hi" or "r u there?" which means I must inquire further to elicit the question). So even if I do choose to ignore the question, it interrupts my work. Probably some merchants are not so busy that such interruptions have become a real annoyance, but I would advise everyone to err on the side of good manners and not interrupt people in order to beg. If they are selling something you want, either buy it or do without.

Well, as I said, it's hardly begging to ask someone what skin, shape and whatever they used for a certain avatar. And I'm amazed you had the time to make several posts here, while also not in any way helping the OP.

Now I shall try this 'ignoring' thing on you, and look! It's already working.

Nyx Karas wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

Nyx Karas wrote:

Well, as I said, it's hardly begging to ask someone what skin, shape and whatever they used for a certain avatar. And I'm amazed you had the time to make several posts here, while also not in any way helping the OP.

Now I shall try this 'ignoring' thing on you, and look! It's already working.

1. The style card is listed among the items that come with a purchase -- purchase being the operative word. The seller has said nothing like "Free upon request". If something is listed on the marketplace as being included with a purchase, I would assume the seller included it to increase the value of the item, not to make it available for free to people who do not intend to buy the item at all. 

2. The OP has been helped already -- someone suggested buying the item, which comes with the style card. 

3. If the OP does not want to buy the whole item, but only the style card, the correct thing is not to beg for a freebie, but to offer to buy it. THEN the merchant can decide on an appropriate price (including 0). 

4. Bottom line is that when someone asks for something for free, they are putting zero value on the time and effort expended by the creator:  his creation, time, and effort is worth nothing.  If something has a price already, have enough respect for the creator to offer to pay for his time and effort. If something is offered for free, it should be at the creator's initiative.

I agree with Pamela. The style card is something that is *sold* with the other items. However, I would also have a bad feeling if I asked, as it could be understood this way: the avatar in the pictures is beautiful, but I don't want (or worse: like) the things you created for it . Hmm...
It would at least be wise to choose words very carefully when asking.

I would have thought that a creator included a style card just so that they didn't have to answer 900 individual questions about avi models. Not because its the only way they can manage a sale. But I guess those who need to do that do that. Either way , good luck to you.

SinfulPrince wrote:

I would have thought that a creator included a style card just so that they didn't have to answer 900 individual questions about avi models. Not because its the only way they can manage a sale. But I guess those who need to do that do that. 

What anyone thinks about the creator's intentions or what he ought to be able to make a sale without is immaterial. WE do not know. Whether in SL or RL, the correct thing is to err on the side of OFFERING TO PAY for anything we ask others to give us or do for us.  Then it is UP TO THEM to offer their product or services for free, if that is their choice.

Amazing that this has to be spelled out as if some people here did not know how to negotiate SL or RL as adults. Oh wait...

Pamela Galli wrote:

SinfulPrince wrote:

I would have thought that a creator included a style card just so that they didn't have to answer 900 individual questions about avi models. Not because its the only way they can manage a sale. But I guess those who need to do that do that. 

What anyone
thinks
about the creator's intentions or what he ought to be able to make a sale without is immaterial.
WE
do not know. Whether in SL or RL, the correct thing is to err on the side of OFFERING TO PAY for anything we ask others to give us or do for us.  Then it is UP TO THEM to offer their product or services for free, if that is their choice.

Amazing that this has to be spelled out as if some people here did not know how to negotiate SL or RL as adults. Oh wait...

I didn't check the OP's profile to see how old they are but the question reads like they are new and don't understand how the Second Life economy works.

This may be in part a consequence of all the freebies that are available and our willingness to help someone who is starting out with freebies.  Helping with Freebies is not necessarily a bad thing.  It does help a person feel more comfortable while getting established here at the beginning.  I know it did for me while I was first learning how to find my way through SL.

If the OP is new they may not even know how to search for a profile or realize it is possible to contact a Merchant!

Still, I will agree with you, the request should be made in a Mature manner.

I have to agree with this in that new residents often are unaware of the economy of sl as well as all the effort that goes into creating products.

I have to add though that the op didn't ask for anything other than advice for free.  The OP even inquires as to 'cost' of the items so I don't think the intent was to get something for nothing.  Having said that, we cannot derive the intent of the OP here any more than we can the intent of a creator who includes a style card with their product.

I think this was a simply innocent request for help from someone that is perhaps new to sl & does not yet understand some of it's intricacies.

My only objection was with the person who advised the OP to contact the merchant and ask for one element of the merchandise for free, rather than contacting the merchant and offering to pay for it, if she does not want to purchase the whole thing, as she was also advised -- not with the OP herself. Just good manners to offer to pay people for things they have made or services they perform, and let them offer things for free if they want to.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Nyx Karas wrote:

It's not the style card that is for sale, the outfit is. most merchants will send you the style card.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

Nyx Karas wrote:

It's not the style card that is for sale, the outfit is. most merchants will send you the style card.

It may be. It may not. What most merchants will do is irrelevant. 

The respectful thing to do is not to approach a stranger and ask for something they have made for free, but to offer to pay for it. This communicates that you recognize that the item has value and that the creator deserves compensation for his time and effort. 

Then it is up to the creator to offer to make a gift of the item or not. 

Pamela Galli wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

Nyx Karas wrote:

It may be. It may not. What most merchants will do is irrelevant. 

The respectful thing to do is not to approach a stranger and ask for something they have made for free, but to offer to pay for it. This communicates that you recognize that the item has value and that the creator deserves compensation for his time and effort. 

Then it is up to the creator to offer to make a gift of the item or not. 

Did you bother to look at the item in question?  Here is the list:

.:: Krystal Includes ::.

* Bra Top

* Pants - boots are attached

* Belt

* Collar

* Bracelets x2

* Prim Nails

* Style Card

Bra come on 3 layers. Prims are modifiable as well as resize scripted(delete through menu when done). Collar is for fashion Only, Not D/s scripted.

It's a full outfit with a style card to show what skin, tatts, hair and shape were used.. Not sure how much a notecard would be worth.

"compensation for his time and effort" the whole 3 minutes it takes to jot down what shape, skin, hair and tatts the model was wearing? As a merchant myself i would happily give the style cards for free.

"compensation for his time and effort" the whole 3 minutes it takes to jot down what shape, skin, hair and tatts the model was wearing? As a merchant myself i would happily give the style cards for free."

Agreed. I consider it a compliment if someone likes the way my avatar or a friends or an alts looks in a picture, and I'll gladly tell them where I got something, because it helps support other creators - and I'd hope they'd be willing to do the same for me should they wear something of mine in their ads.

Now if SL was my one and only job and I was just so busy that I couldn't be bothered to answer such "insignificant questions that I get asked all the time", then I would create style cards and send them for free to anyone that asked. I wouldn't consider it an insult if they didn't want to buy the product the ad was for - as not everyone is going to like everthing I make. Also by taking a moment to help someone by sending them a notecard, you're showing a good merchant attitude, and they'll likely remember that in the future and come back to your shop again - or better yet, recommend you to someone who will buy your things.

It only takes but a moment to make a good impression, and negative ones spread much faster than nice.

My point has nothing to do with whether or not  merchants should give style cards for free. It is about how a customer should approach a creator for something he wants from the creator (an item or service, etc).

The polite and respectful thing to do is to offer to purchase the item. Then the creator can decide if he wants to make a gift of it. 

So simple, so hard for some to grasp.

Hi Nakorra!

This is guessing, but I have some ideas. I think the hair is Magika, the Sofia hairstyle. I can not be sure, since the hair model look straight in the camera and the outfit model turn her head. Best you can do, is buy the demo and look at it from the sides. A black pack cost 199. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Magika-DEMO-Sofia/2083702

The shape could be the model or the storeowners own creation, but here is a few suggestions for curvy, shorter shapes. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Alyce-Shape/1726186 https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Lilly-GirlWomen-Shape-BND-PromoSale/2204310

Skin is very hard to guess, since I can't see a close-up. Any Al Vulo skin in tan or sunkissed would probably work. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Al-Vulo-Skin-DEMO-renzie-tan/2139635 I think they sell single skins for about 1000 L. Cheaper althernatives is Noya https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/68414 or R.ichelli. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Ricielli-EMILY-3-skins-Eyeliner-tattoo-Teeth-Alpha-2-DAYS-PROMOTION/2858559

Tattoo is also hard, it is sold thousands in SL and stores are closing. Best thing is to browse the marketplace. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?search%5Bcategory_id%5D=108&search%5Bkeywords%5D=tattoo+full+body&search%5Bmaturity%5D%5B%5D=General&search%5Bmaturity%5D%5B%5D=Moderate&search%5Bmaturity%5D%5B%5D=Adult&search%5Bpage%5D=1&search%5Bper_page%5D=96 You can get really well made freebies, but tattoos normally cost 200-300 L. 

I hope that helps!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.