Can a Mesh Body wear standard SL clothes??

Lex Macabre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The short answer is no...however....here's how it works. System clothes are textures that are applied to your default body. The viewer handles the application of said textures. When you wear a mesh body, it's just like any other mesh addition...like pants, shirts, etc. You have to apply the texture to the mesh body manually. All mesh bodies have at least the clothing and underwear layer. Some have an addition tattoo layer. If you are wanting system style clothing, you need to look for clothing that has appliers. Most of the mesh bodies in SL are compatible with the Omega system with the addition of an inexpensive kit from Omega. Depending on the bod, you'll either add the script so it can "hear" the appliers(Immortals, Yabusaka, Fusion for example), use a bridge (Maitreya) or wear a hud that turns on the scripts (Banned, Belleza). TMP and Slink have their own applier systems. When you look at "system" clothes, you want to look for appliers. Most designers now have at least Omega and Slink appliers.

For an idea, you can look at my shop, Sn@tch has some, There's a hunt starting on Weds that will have a lot of applier friendly clothing as well..the HYIS hunt.

Appliers are used for all mesh body/parts. Among the first were the ones for the Lola Tango mesh breasts. What you want ot look for is that your mesh bod is either Slink or Omega compatible. You can then get the appropriate kit from the Love N Lust store. If you join the group, which is free, it will be between 1 and 3 lindens. If you don't it's 99L. Once you do that, you'll be able to use the appliers for any skin or clothing that has the applier for your body. There are some makers that choose to make each applier for the seperate bodies that have developer kits, like Maitreya and Belleza have. Most make Omega and Slink. On my various store models, I have most of the mesh bodies available at the moment and have no problems with the Omega appliers on them. Slink is seperate, of course.

• 7 years later...

Just for the record, you can do so now (writing this in 2022, but it may have started a year or so earlier).  There's been a change and the newer versions of mesh bodies allow this. I still have a large collection of standard / system clothes and I'm thrilled that they now can be worn by and seen on my Maitreya mesh body.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.