Body Feature Measurements

kittyperson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2991 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think it would be a whole lot easier to model faces and such off of real people like myself by measuring each feature of our character customizations in inches or centimeters instead of having no units. In fact I refuse to play secondlife until I can customize my character easily that way. I keep coming back to Second Life every year to see if its possible yet. But it's still not unfortunately. Consider this a feature request and be sure to chime in on your position on the matter

kittyperson wrote:

I think it would be a whole lot easier to model faces and such off of real people like myself by measuring each feature of our character customizations in inches or centimeters instead of having no units. In fact I refuse to play secondlife until I can customize my character easily that way. I keep coming back to Second Life every year to see if its possible yet. But it's still not unfortunately. Consider this a feature request and be sure to chime in on your position on the matter

There isn't enough flexibility or precision in the face sliders to make that amount of accuracy necessary or usable. For instance, basically all humans have one eye higher than the other and if you're trying to make a perfectly accurate replica of a face you'd need to take that into account, but the Second Life face morphs have no ability to put one eye higher than the other at all.

With too many people still scraping their heads on 9' ceilings.... this is of lesser concern than just getting people to be realistically sized.

For myself, I make a prim rig. It works a treat when you use a site like HPC to get the perfect proportions, then you slide the sliders until you fit inside the prim rig.

As for your suggestion that the sliders show a simple figure, sadly/happily they are interconnected. You need to adjust 2 or 3 to get the effect you want. Any simplification to suit people who dont/wont join the world would reduce the freedom the rest of us have.

Try a prim rig.

If you have the money you can commission a custom mesh head.  This will be expensive but it is doable by a talented 3D artist.  If you want to go this route, put a post in the Inworld Employment section fo these forums.

You will probably also need to commission a custom skin for the head, unless the mesher makes skins too or you can find skin appliers that will work for you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2991 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.