Best Skins in SL??

Kmere1488304000

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4053 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There are alot of great skin creators out there. whats best for one person isnt going to necessarily be best for another. it all depends on your personal taste and to a large extent the shape of your avatar.  However you can never go wrong with LAQ ! i think just about everyone has at least one of thier skins. Another great one is Baiastice, they come with lots of options like eyebrows, cleavage enhancement, teeth and freckle layers ! curio, and tuli are also worth a look if you perfer a less shiny look.

I've had  Gaia (now Curio), RAC (now LAQ), Tuli, Dutch Touch, and back to Curio now.  There are so many fine skin makers in SL, you will not have a problem finding so many your choice will be a challenge!

The best thing to do is to sort out the shape you like and then find the skin that best fits it.

"Best" is very subjective. Pop over to a bunch of the stores mentioned, get some demos, and experiment. Remember that not every skin looks right with every shape. I love Curio skins - but I tried a couple with my shape, and really didn't care for it at all.

Personally, I use LAQ right now. I also have Curio, Redgrave, and one thusfar not mentioned - Illusory. (Great for light skins, but they only have a few to choose from.) Illusory was my favorite for a long while, until I found my current LAQ.

I have to exit this thread before I go shopping again...

Nobody mentioned Heartsick. Those skins (esp. the newer lines) have a dewy, glowy look about them that I haven't found anywhere else.

I've been wearing the same bare Heartsick "Spirit" skin, with tattoo makeup (mostly from Pixeldolls, but I'm always looking around) for probably a month now. With the rise of the tattoo layers, I doubt I will be buying many "made-up" skins anymore.

I have become a Curio fanatic and with their most recent releases you not only get light and dark options for each makeup (which is usually 6 or 8 for each set), there's also a freckled and non-freckled version.  The last few that have been released (on the one wall with the newest releases) you get all skin tones in all options. I've lost count how many skins that actually is for the same you'd pay for one or two makeup options in a lot of companies.

I agree there are a lot of great skin creators out there.  And i dont' think that anyone can say that the among the top quality ones there is one that is better than others.  Take your time and explore all your options.  Its essential that you get a good variety of demos and try them on with your shape.  It is surprising how the way the shadows, highlights and coloring on each skin make you appear different.  You will probably see skins you abosultely love but when you try them on they aren't the look you really are after. 

When i look for a new skin, i try on the 'natural' version of the skin (or the one with the least makup first) until i narrow my choices down to one or or a few that gives me the exact look I want.  Then i consider the makeup choices, as i generally find that if i like the look the skin gives my avatar without makeup i generally like it better with makeup.  I then choose the skin that gives me the most makeup options that look good on me.

There are many great skin creators in SL, you should also remember that your shape has to fit the skin, as you can have many different looks with the same shape, below is a montage of me wearing 12 different skins, while keeping the same shape on. Another bit of advice is trying different hair styles, as how the hair shapes around the face can make a difference also.

Skins.png

• 2 weeks later...

I love shopping for skins or whole new avatars and usually collect demos from a whole bunch and then determine what I like best and what really works with the other components I have picked out already (if I'm not starting with the skin at least) So shop around and find your favorites.

I've fallen in love with [Pink Fuel] and while they have a small selection on the MP, you'll get an idea of what kind of skins they make. Very very afforable, lovely skins. 

But everyone else has given great advice. Shop shop shop until you find the one you love the most and make sure you -really- like it before you buy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4053 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.