Best Looking Avatars?

Dawn Khaos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just out of curiosity, while I wait for SL Viewer to stop giving me such a hard time, what are the best looking avatars you've seen? Maybe your own avatar is really good looking, no need to be modest, I've been really wanting ideas. I've noticed that a lot of things on the market really don't strike my fancy, they lean too much toward voluptuous and extremely large pouty lips... Personally I like avatars that delve more into the cute or pretty category than the sexy category, what struck my interest was this post. Despite her complaints about the shadows, I think that's a lovely avatar, very mild. <3

Uniqueness always gets me too. I have no idea where I got my current skin but I like it more than the expensive one I had been using previously because it's not 'flawless' or extremely 'airbrushed' and she even has a few body freckles. Maybe I'm weird for liking things like that. My preferences from the real world kind of leak into my prerefences in SL, the 'ideal bodied celebrity look' is boring to me.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so there is no such thing as a 'best avatar'.  Go for what you like.  I like a skin with a few 'blemishes' too as they are more realistic looking IMO.  You can also control how puckered up your lips are using the shape sliders under edit appearance.  Shapes and skins work together to create a look.

You should strive for a unique avatar.  Put it together yourself don't copy someone else's avatar in whole or part.  Don't buy things together or a full avatar.  I've been in SL for 9 years and have never stopped tweaking my avatar from time to time, which is normal for most people.  So don't be afraid of making a 'mistake',  You can always revert or buy something different to correct things.

I'm asking people what they like because I want to see what they like, I'm not asking for advice for my own avatar. It's just fun to discuss these things, people can have such a wide variety of tastes. My avatar looks pretty much exactly how I want her to look but of course if I had some extra cash there's room for improvement (Goodness knows I'd like some nice hands...)

I will say that it is not what kind of avatar it is. But the work and thought that has gone into putting together the look. You can see it in the details. Eyes for instance. It is lots of eyes, from 0 L eye gifts to 250 L mesh eyes. They are all a vast improvement from the default eyes.

The editing too.This does not matter as much now, with the fitmesh and the rigged mesh and the appliers. Before mesh and appliers, the feet had to be carefully colormatched and lashes edited in place. But it is still unrigged mesh and sculped things like jewelry that has to be edited to suit the avatar.

For humans, I have been more picky about the proportions. If they have a very large avatar or a small, does not matter much, but the head to body ratio.  I have started to cringe when I see pinheads and t-rex arms. I didn't care before. 

So... the time and effort is what makes my zoom the camera control and check them out.

Here I spent a lot of time finding the hair that would work, and nails and mask. All should work together with the pose and prop, the mood of the image. I still made a small error because I should have moved the mask better in place. I could have edited it with the clone brush, but I let it stand unedited. I still make errors like that.

LadyCrow.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.