Best Dark Skinned Avatar - Suggestions?

MaxineDarling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am sure this is a question that has popped up from time to time on the forums but I decided to ask anyway:

Where in the heck can I find an amazing dark sinned/African American female avatar?

I am currently rocking a Tuty's avatar (Rosario Dawson) in the caramel skintone. I do love this avatar, but I would love to have more than one based on the sim I am in and for some reason pouring hours and hours searching on the marketplace seems to arduous a task for me when I know so many people on the forum have the right answer. :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Thanks for reading, can't wait to see your suggestions!:matte-motes-sunglasses-1:

There is Chocolata from the body co. Very much shading on it, I show you a closeup in Light Ebony. Notice the visible pores. Some like this realism. I do, but matching mesh items can be challenging, since the body is heavy shaded and body parts in mesh is more a solid color.

Unedited, just cropped. Added some makeup layers.The body co has a 500L sale out January. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/theWarehouse/84/122/2003

5951063682_bab532347a.jpg

LeLutka's Eclat skin in Umber looks quite nice as well. Actually the one from the Body Co that was previously mentioned has a very similar facial structure. But anyway, both are really nice skins so I would definitely recommend checking both of them out. :) I remember when I first saw the Eclat line in the dark tone I contemplating buying it and I usually only wear (very) lightly tanned skins.

There are some active flickr groups for African avatars, and it'd be great to have even more people posting into them.

Plus, it can give you inspiration and sources for more skins.

• Ethnicity in Second Life - Not African specific.
  • Secondlife Black Lover's place - Can be a bit NSFW.
  • Second Life Ebony - Only NSFW if you turn filters off.
  • Black Second Life - This one is 'SFW'.
  • Beleza Negra no Second Life* - This one is 'SFW'.
  • Second Life® | BLACK BEAUTY | PG - This one is 'SFW'.
  • SL Chocolate - mostly SFW, but not fully.

The big thing to watch for in skin shopping is a sort of gray or sandy cast to the skin - that means the skin was modified from a caucasian one, and it won't look as realistic as one that was originally created in deeper browns.

Also ask yourself if you will be using something like 'lolas tangos' - popular props these days (starting to see them in a lot of image galleries), they narrow choices down a LOT when not caucasian.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.