Anyone has Welcome 2 Future avi to show?

Nethya Emor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

I've noticed one of the most popular mesh avatars to be Welcome 2 Future by powerdance but there is no comments on almost any of their products and its hard to find anyone who has it without the store group. Anyone out there who could show me it in-world so I can compare it to my current look?

Don't know if it looks as good as there and if it has normal clothing or shiny one. 

Thanks! :)

Whoa, not to um, well.

Not to be rude or anything, and no ill effects towards the creator of those avis, but the female faces are SUPER masculine.

The breasts do not behave like one would consider 'realistic' breasts, though perhaps in the world of plastic everything they are passable. In any case, the are far too high up on her chest. Breasts hang from the chest muscles, they don't just...sit quietly up there. Gravity is a thing that exists.

The arms are, again, like most poorly contracted shapes I see, too short. The 'plus size' model is still thin, only with wide hips? How is this plus size? It's curvy, at most. Again with the large breasts.

The face is elongated like Indian or Hispanic women's faces, but the features are typical of Caucasians with more African/Middle Eastern lips. The eyebrows are painfully arched giving the woman both a surprised and angry face with the pull at the front. This woman already has some jowls starting, even though she appears to be in her mid 20's.

The eyes are shaped irregularly and the eyelashes have some clipping issues (though this could be corrected).

Hands are too small. With the thickness of her thighs, they should be touching but they aren't, so she has this constant look of standing bowlegged or perhaps airing out her crotch?

-

Anyway, based on the reviews that are there, it's super hard to find any clothing that will accurately fit this avatar, so you are very limited with no way to apply alpha layers.

I think you should use the $20 and apply that towards something that you can get some use from. I personally would not dump my money on this avatar.

Thanks for the comments! Yeah I undestand what you're all saying, though in there it says body is modifiable, which means you could pretty much modify it until the shape can handle some prim/sculpt/mesh outfits? Or at least I hope so, I'm trying to bug people in-world to show me but they're all online during my sleep.

The main thing I've noticed about imported mesh avatars is that the joints bend more realistically and some of the detailed shaping can be better than with the standard LL avatar mesh.  

So, having said that, what surprises me is how come skilled mesh creators have spent so much time and effort creating finely detailed avatars that have such awful proportions.  Why would they do that unless they're going for the cartoony look?

Nethya Emor wrote:

Thanks for the comments! Yeah I undestand what you're all saying, though in there it says body is modifiable, which means you could pretty much modify it until the shape can handle some prim/sculpt/mesh outfits?

For comparison, this is how well proportioned female body looks like. :smileyhappy:

realistic-body.jpg

Even if you can modify the "Welcome 2 Future" mesh shape to some degree, it is impossible to tweak it to anything, even near, as beautiful as the above picture shows.

So far I have not yet seen any imported mesh shape in SL with such nice proportions.

Welcome 3 Future avatar is umm, well, awful!

<UTILIZATOR> - Avatar 2.0 - beta is a pretty good mesh avatar but... as with any rigged mesh, you're stuck with simple adjustments to the skeleton.  Not only are you stuck with the face and muscle/fat ratio, add that a rigged mesh human avatar is going to be limited to whatever clothing the creator provides.

I would love a new mesh for the base avatar as much as anyone but until one is as adjustable as the current setup, rigged mesh human avatars are just toys to play with.

If the body is mod, you can only modify the textures.  You can't modify the mesh itself in SL.  Sliders are not going to work  The only way to mod the body is if he sends you the file he used when he imported it so that you can take it into your own modeling software and modify it.  So if you are not happy with the appearance, don't buy it.

If the avatar shape is properly rigged mesh, the skeleton sliders will work (sliders that affect joint position). What will not work are the facial and muscle/fat sliders.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

If the body is mod, you can only modify the textures.  You can't modify the mesh itself in SL.  Sliders are not going to work  The only way to mod the body is if he sends you the file he used when he imported it so that you can take it into your own modeling software and modify it.  So if you are not happy with the appearance, don't buy it.

• 2 weeks later...

That is a TON of money for those shapes. I mean, a TON. I can understand how some people want a shape they can mod. Personally, what matters to me is that I like a shape out of the box. And several of the shapes I've seen for a quarter of that price look much more appealing out of the box.

There's really no reason to get all hung up about realistic joint movement. The most important thing is how proportional the shape is. When someone with a low fps is looking at you, nomatter what you're not going to move realistically to them anyway.

In my honest opinion, mesh still has a long way to go, in a lot of aspects before it catches up to what we already have. The exception is for furniture and buildings. Static objects don't rely on proportion and fit the way shapes, clothing, hair, etc does. For now, I'd stick with an "old fashioned" avatar, that can wear either old fashioned clothing or mesh, whichever you're in the mood for at the moment.

• 1 month later...

Dear Nethya Emor and other Store - owners from this topic.

If you are think that create anti-advertizing topic (with other store owners who never used/purchased any mesh avatar of this store) is best way to get customers..
ask your friends to buy it and make a Honest reviews.

Kind Regards.

Dear Customer.
(Or Future Customer)

If you are read this - means you are interested in this store and products.
And thank you for your interest ! Its very important to know your opinion about our products .

Here is some details about this topic:According to google/SL marketplace search : All nicknames above (in this topic) with bad comments- are owners of other their own stores on marketplace.According to transaction and order history : All nicknames above (in this topic) with bad comments never purchased and never used any mesh avatar of Welcome2Future.

Please have it in mind when you read this topic.

Sometimes someone or something wants to stop the future , to stop the progress in own needs.
Please, listen yourself , doing your first step to future ,to MESH future.If you have any questions feel free to ask to meet inworld to see how it looks inworld and how it works inworld, to check videos and pictures.

Welcome2Future have in plans bring ideas of mesh face animation,ideas of mesh face motion capture to SL.Join today.Feel the future, and Welcome to Future

Best and Kind Regards,
Welcome2future

p.s

Dear Customer, If you have a questions about "custom" mesh shape , or you would like to be a model for mesh avatar (which will be "for Sale" on marketplace) : send a notecard with question (without any pictures) with subject "model for Avi".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.