Anyone else encounter this embarrassing Mama Allpa bug?

Lum Pfohl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I have the Mama Allpa male HUD, and ever since version 2.30 was introduced back in March/April 2016, I've been plagued by a spate of issues with the HUD.  Particularly annoying because I have little control over when it happens, and when it does happen, it causes OTHER people distress and embarrassment, and I am sometimes blamed for it.

The bug:

When a Female Mama Allpa user logs in (or attaches the Mama Allpa HUD), usually they receive a notification in the form of a bluecard "You have been offline or without HUD or in areas w/o script..." It allows them to choose between UPDATE and NO UPDATE to account for the time that has passed while offline.

However, if the Female Mama Allpa user logs in while in the presence of a Male Mama Allpa HUD user, the Male user gets the notification.  See Screenshot:  https://gyazo.com/4b1afff6b5eca8188d9e2a218ac4131a

I get these notications all the time.  Female users wonder why they did not get the notification and  I tell them about it and I get mixed responses from apathy, to someone shouting "invasion of privacy" and getting downright beligerent. 

I've contacted the maker  "Tantrica ღ (yt.recreant)"  secondlife:///app/agent/a6d06686-5198-4ff7-b42e-a7b4a75aaa5d/about

Her response back in April was:

[2016/04/05 05:05] YT Recreant: (Saved Tue Apr 05 01:59:01 2016)thank you - yes, it is a bug in llRegionSayTo and the next update will fix it. thank you for the notification.

The fact remains that the thing worked correctly BEFORE the v2.30 update.  I cannot say if she switched to using "llRegionSayTo()" with the v2.30 - but to blame it on SL and forget it is rather unacceptable.  I suspect it's because she's not plagued by it because... she's a "she" and probably doesn't carry the Male HUD.  I do not know. 

You know about change; we won't make it unless things are too painful.

I doubt that llRegionSay has suddenly started directing messages at the wrong recipient but equally it's just a product issue to take up with the creator, it doesn't warrant a public shaming.

My favourite booboo in my own products was when I swapped language notecards which resulted in people's private parts emoting in Japanese. I miss those days.

Lum Pfohl wrote:

Female users wonder why they did not get the notification and  I tell them about it and I get mixed responses from apathy, to someone shouting "invasion of privacy" and getting downright beligerent. 

Why would you tell them about it? That smacks of wanting drama to me. Just hit ignore and move on.

Lum Pfohl wrote:

I've contacted the maker  "Tantrica ღ (yt.recreant)"  secondlife:///app/agent/a6d06686-5198-4ff7-b42e-a7b4a75aaa5d/about

Her response back in April was:

[2016/04/05 05:05] YT Recreant: (Saved Tue Apr 05 01:59:01 2016)thank you - yes, it is a bug in llRegionSayTo and the next update will fix it. thank you for the notification.

So, you talked to the creator and they said the next update will fix it.. Why are you posting here? You really do like drama, don't you?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.