Any poser 8 avatars created & used in 2nd Life?

jedi434

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi All?

I am trying to get any help from using Poser 8 to develop advanced to simple avatars in 2nd life?

Anyone tried & tested or did this or not?

Is there a way to create a simple avatar bypassing poser or Daz 3D?

ANY HELP APPRECIATED?

All avatars , including mesh avatars,must be worn as attachments to the standard avatar and be rigged  to it. The standard avatar is a mesh avatar that was originally created in an earlier version of Poser.

You can use any 3D modeling program to create mesh as long as the file you import is COLLADA .dae.  Read this article for a number of other details you need to know.

If you create avatars you must also create the clothes for them as the clothes that are generally available for sale can't be used with them.  Some mesh clothing created by other people may fit if you conform to standard sizes when you create your avatars.  However this is something you will have to experiment with, as I've never tired it myself.  Perhaps someone else with experience will post more information.

Because there is such a limited number of clothing options for non standard mesh avatars, there is a limited market for them right now as normal humans.  Prior to the introduction of mesh a short while ago, all clothing was created using textures and in world building tools. This is still the most popular form of clothing and people are generally reluctant to make a change and make their entire wardrobe obsolete, as well as limiting themselves to only the clothing available for a specific mesh avatar.  However mesh avatars representing non humans and tiny humanoids called petites and micro mesh avatars have gained some ground.

There is a mesh subforum  under the Creation forums where you can post specific questions you have as you go through the learning process.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.