Alternatives to Lolas Mesh Breasts

Kristie Lemon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I am a user of the Lolas mesh breasts, which look great compared to the older prim breasts.  However, recently I was standing next to someone who had simply wonderful looking mesh breast attachments.  They seemed to sway and move naturally in a way that the Lolas cannot.

They looked superficially similar to Lolas, but if they were they had some kind of a bounce/movement feature that I've never seen (and wouldn't have thought possible).

Does anyone know they might have been?  Or of alternatives to Lolas that might move a bit better?

Physics.

Lola Tango breasts are fitmesh. Of course, there are many other brands out there if you're looking for different shapes and/or features, but you can achieve the movement you're looking for with Lola Tango breasts just as easily as any other brand.

Fiitmesh is affected by avatar physics - unlike regular rigged and unrigged mesh. Avatar physics is a layer you wear or add to your avatar. It makes certain parts of the avatar - specifically the breasts, butt, and belly - move when the avatar moves, as though being affected by...well, physics. Things like gravity, and all that helpful junk. Each of the three b's can be manipulated independently, so you can have lots of breast and butt movement and no belly movement, or moderate of all three, or...you get the picture. 

There are tons of physics layers available for free on the marketplace, and some you can pay for as well. The...enthusiasm of the affect varies depending what you get. You can make your own easily enough, as well, by going into your inventory and selecting "Create new -> physics." Here is a good guide for what each slider in the physics creation menu does, as well as some settings you can choose from if you'd rather have a starting point. To check the movement, simply walk back and forth a few times. 

This was very intriguing, but I don't think avatar physics affect Lolas unless I"m missing something.

My normal breasts move under the Lolas (which attach to the spine or chest), but the Lolas do not move.

EDIT:  Maybe I need to specificly I'm using Lolas tangos.  Are there are newer, fitmesh versions available?

The Lola Tango breasts are fitmesh, and I have no problems with mine moving with physics. Have you tried increasing the affect? 

I don't use my Lolas anymore, so if you'd still like to try an alternative, I personally prefer Sinful Needs. But the Tangos should work just fine.

ETA: DELICQ! Thank you, I apparently have forgotten how to word, because I know what I was thinking but not what I was typing. 

Fusion also has a nice line. It's also possible the person was wearing a mesh body....For a full list, check out the Love N Lust blog site. They have a full list of the breasts that are Omega compatible, which are any that are compatible with the Lola appliers. Just a nice rundown of what's available in SL...or The Big Boobies Freebies website. They also have a comprehensive list of available boobs.

The trick is, they have to be fit mesh, not just mesh. As stated, the older Tangos are rigged mesh rather than fit mesh so won't react to physics.

Tangos are not fit mesh. Delicq is.

I'd advise against buying anything from Lolas for the following reasons:

- Zero customer support. I had fitting problems after buying Delicq, sent at least 10 IMs/notecards to both customer rep and lolas creator, no response for months. No support group. No support website. Nothing

- Completely recycled models for all their newer breasts and selling for full price, with next to no new features added. Yes let's take our old model back into Blender, add fitmesh rigging, and call it "Delicq". That's pretty much the only thing they did. Also zero discount for owners of previous models. Even Adobe offers steep discounts for their software ffs

- Lolas breasts look terrible compared to their competitors (Sinful Needs mostly), and even more terrible compared to mesh bodies. First you have a huge visible seam that looks like your boobs were glued on or surgically attached, then you have the problem that they look absolutely horrendous at larger slider values (>70) that makes them look like jagged melons

- No marketplace store. Why? To evade the Lindens in case of a DMCA (the whole L.Inc/Wowmeh/U.L fiasco) because Lindens won't bother chasing people down inworld

Pretty much all my friends are boycotting this shady store now.

Have you at all looked into Mesh Bodies? You might get more bang for your buck that way. The Maitreya Lara Mesh body has one of the best breasts on the grid, imo, and tons of skin stores are releasing appliers for them. TMP has a good mesh body also, with good breasts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.