Age Verification Problems - Valid Post Code seen as Invalid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm trying to age verify an Alt. Have input to the form exactly the same data as my normal AV yet I am getting an error of Invalid Post Code. The post code is not invalid, all info is correct. I have tried several variations of it with space, hyphen etc. between the two halves, running the two halves together etc. all with the same result. It is as if SL is not recognising UK post codes any more whereas in the past I have had no problems. I managed to submit a ticket, but, there is no category for this issue and from past experiences LL tends to tell me as a Free account holder to get lost and sort it out myself (not in exactly those words). Any other avenue to explore with this?

Hello Tahuti. True the issue with zip codes exists for many users last 3 days. At first is good to look the jira, to vote there and to add your comment. https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-3888 

If you aren't a premium member it is not suggested your age manually  (ticket) insomuch according LL, you can use it "if you are a "premium or Concierge customer and you experience difficulty verifying your identity on the Second Life website".

On the other side you can try to become "Account Verified", having "Payment Info on File". This way you have access in most of adult regions.

The last solution although i can't quarantee that you will get a reply is to send a mail to support@secondlife.com  You haven't to lose something if you give a try. Good luck.

LL mailed me and admitted it is a bug and although I do not have a Premium account have been told I can reply to the mail enclosing a scan of two government ID documents. Unfortunately my scanner is broken and there is no one else I know locally that has one so it's a matter of waiting a couple of weeks when I have time enough to travel to nearest Internet cafe with a scanner or hope LL fix this gigantic bug before then. From looking back at the jira it seems people are having similar issues with going the payment info route.

Yes, managed to age verify. Good thinking on LL's part on how to fix the bug....make post code field non mandatory. In fact I don't know why other sites that don't intend to use a postal service to send something to you don't do that. If you think about it the only true use of a post code is for automatic sorting and routing of letters and parcels. :))

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.