Adult Avatar

Kayley22

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I  have gotten a notification that i was reported to have a child avatar in an adult area. Im a 22 year old college student and i modeled my only avatar to look like myself. I also dress it as I do in RL. Does wearing a tank top, pleated short skirt and boots make my avatar a 'child '. I have never told anyone anything other than i am a 22 year old student. Should I just ignore this complaint, or do I wait for something official to respond to ? Thanks.

How tall is your avatar? Many people will report shorter av's as being child av's - and by "shorter" I mean under 6 - 6 1/2 feet. Being somewhat short, combined with the outfit you say you were wearing (particularly the pleated skirt, though I don't know exactly what yours looks like), and some people might mistake you for being a child avi.

For now, you can probably ignore it. You can't help how other people percieve you. Personally I have no idea if you look like a
"child avi" or not, but someone thought you did. You may want to avoid that particular sim, though, if you think it might have been the sim owner who reported you.

ETA: Note:  Merely having a childlike avatar does not violate this policy. It is not our intent to banish childlike avatars in and of themselves.

Directly from the guidelines. HOWEVER, some sims have their own rules about the presence of "child av's." Wait for official word; an abuse report having been filed doesn't mean anything will come of it, just that someone took offense to something.

ETA2: I don't think height should be the sole factor in determining whether or not someone is playing a child av. However, some people use it as such, so my point is, this could be why you were AR'd. Whoever it was is either super nuts about "no child av's!!!!!" or is just a jerk. Or both. Or just naive and honestly thought you were playing a child av and looking for adult activities. Who knows?

Cinnamon said it best.  Unless you get an Email from Linden Lab claiming a violation of the TOS/CS, Than whoever reported you was simply being a jerk. (^_^)

As for avatar height in SL; There are two ways to look at it.  Rule of thumb or ruler. I personally choose ruler.  My avatar height is 5'0" prim-height.  NOT that agent(eye)height that scripts give out for no good reason.  I think those scripts put me at 4'8" or something.  But, when I'm building by the numbers, taller AVs can't walk through my doors. xD

Your world.  Your imagination.

If someone wants to be 8 feet tall, COOL!  Be 8 feet tall.  Don't lie, say you're 6 feet tall, and accuse shorter people of being children.  Those of us who prefer having a sense of scale do things differently.  Plus, there's a fringe benefit that smaller houses take up less space and leave more room for other cool things. =^-^=

I've been roughly 5' 2" (measured against a prim) since somewhere around March or April, 2006.  I've never been accused of being a child avatar.  The most that I've ever heard anyone say about my height is "Gee, Peggy, you're short".  I suppose I could get defensive about such a comment and that might invite some accusations about beng a child.  I don't and generally respond with something like "Yeah, a shorty among giants".  I think it's how you present yourself to other that invite child avatar comments (or Abuse Reports).  Just be clear, I was a dancer for a couple years wearing this very shape that I made in 2006.  I occassionally go to adult areas.  I "party" at adult themed clubs and even have been to a few places that show adult videos.  I dress my avatar the way I want to............I even have some "school girl" outfits.

I really would like to know what people do that causes others to report them as child avatars in adult areas.  I've seen avatars that are short, dressed like a 10 year old, carrying a lollypop or balloon and chatting like a child.........it's quite obvious they are playing a child.  But, never have I seen an avatar dressed like that and acting like that in an adult area.  What I have seen is adult like avatars in adult areas that, in my mind, are not quite adult.........it's how you present yourself, no matter what avatar you wear.  I've never reported an avatar as underaged (in adult areas or anywhere else) because there is absolutely no way for me to know their age unless they tell me............and no avatar I've ever met in SL has ever told me they were under the age of 18.  However, if I believe them to be possibly under 18, I will make it clear I don't want to be there with them.......to to point of TPing away if necessary.

Here we go again...

If the person owns the land, let them ban / eject you. If not, tell them to STFU, but less politely... o.O

Some people have issues against short folks... or against people who choose certain fashion styles, such as cosplay-lolita; which happens to be a very popular -adult- style.

Part of me wants to open a free-sex club on Zindra, with doors that are 6-feet hight, and cielings at 8-feet, with a giant sign outside that says "no child AVs" :D

Biography
The "Pickled Pixie"
Height: 3 ft 11 in
Often I am mistaken as a "Rasta-Fairy-N"
Male
Straight
【√ 】AGE VERIFIED

So begins the profile of a falling down drunken Pixie with wings, chin braids, and dreadlocks in an effort to thwart the ignorant. But not everyone waits for the chin braids to rez or bothers to purv the profile.

As a land owner I would like to think I have the right to ask someone to leave and ban them if they don’t comply.  But what if… I ask you to leave my SIM area simply because I feel your avatar height is not acceptable. Am I breaking the first rule of the Community Standards?

Intolerance
Combating intolerance is a cornerstone of Second Life's Community Standards.

Would this behavior be allowed if I were a real life little person (short stature resulting from a medical condition) and my avatar accurately represented me?

Just some thoughts for you all to chew on. Flame me, I’m short and I can take it.

Respectfully,
GothixGrafx

SL has extremely distorted height. Most people in there are like over 2m tall, especially newbies, who think being 3m tall with huge boobs is "the way to go", when in RL it's more like 1.6m. So if you look shorter than other people around you, and isn't dressed in latex/nothing/oiled/tanned/other revealing clothing, some idiot will report you for not being sexy enough. Just ignore it, you're not going to be banned or suspended by the way you dress, nor does LL have time to care about these things.

I've been a child AV since I came to Second Life and I'm not banned yet. I always get some jerk going "hurrr... nu agespali heer..." I just shrug it off and move one. Everytime it's happened, it's been in some sim that isn't even worth visiting, pretends to be friendly, or it's someone who doesn't know how to read the rules. Anyway, don't let it get you down. Just send them a message about how you're too awesome for their crappy sim and move on even if you're not a child AV like myself.. ;p

• 3 weeks later...

Im 5'7 and my avatar is the same as far as I know. I havent gotten anything further so im ignoring it. If you want to see me or my avatar, there are pics in my profile as Kayley22. I dont think I in any way look like a child, but I guess thats in the eyes of the beholder. Thanks for the replies. Im thinking it was someone just being a jerk because a bf was interested or something.  Some girls seem to always love the drama, lol. I have been asked by guys how old i am and always answer with 22 as in my ID states.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Part of me wants to open a free-sex club on Zindra, with doors that are 6-feet hight, and cielings at 8-feet, with a giant sign outside that says "no child AVs"
:D

OMG!! LOL do it  hehehehehe

i just finished a new avatar..i actually have it as close as 4 inches from my RL height it's 5'1" and i'm 4'10" lol..and it really  feels pretty good getting that close hehehe

i still need some tweaking but it's fun being small lol

i used your site and a few places  i found on the net with good images  to help get as close as i could..have to say it looks pretty close to me now hehehehe

and clothes are really not bad as far as fitting..bleh i'm all excited and babbling..

Aaanyways..i would go if you made that club..it would be funny  just watching the door hehehe :smileylol:

• 4 weeks later...

i have had auto ejector send me home because of my avatars height, in the viewer my height is 5.29 and this is measured in feet, but before i was auto ejected, i got a message from the object telling me that my avatars height is too small and can be considered a child avatar and that if i wished to remain there i would have to adjust my height, i spent too much time and work on my avatar and i like her the way she is, she does not look or dress like a child so there would be no confusing me for a child, but the auto ejectors are ether reading my height wrong or the owner of the place has that thing set to read height that's higher than mines and that's not fair for avatars that's around my height.

i have found out that i can be much shorter and much more child like if i wanted to, all i wish is that these places to lower the minimum height limit, oh and by the way, my height is close to my RL height measurements.

Alyx Enderfield wrote:

i have found out that i can be much shorter and much more child like if i wanted to, all i wish is that these places to lower the minimum height limit, oh and by the way, my height is close to my RL height measurements.

I find it really odd that some places use height as an indication of age. What are those people thinking of, I wonder. :matte-motes-agape: :smileyfrustrated:

I have seen mesh avatars under one metre (about three feet) tall which look like adults. Nobody would claim that they look like children. With mesh it is possible to create even much tinier avatars and give them the looks of an adult.

Thus, using height as an indicator of age has no sense at all.

Naturally the place owner(s) have the right to eject anybody, for any reason, or no reason at all, if they so wish. Anyway, one would wish that the reason would be rational reason.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.