AO making my av sink into the ground

Kaia Sachin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My current AO makes my avatar (a toddler sized mesh avatar) sink down into the ground during certain animations. I am wondering if there is a workaround, or if the problem may be with my mesh av itself (or perhaps my toddler size). Thank you in advance for your help!:)

Height affects animations, something not a lot of people (animators, avatar makers, Lindens even!) seem to understand. There's a couple work-arounds to use such animations with any size avatar, but the work-arounds are pretty clumsy.

Mainly, some TPVs include a "z-offset" feature, which allows you to offset the height of your avatar, but let's say it's a ground sit pose that puts your avatar underground, if you change the z-offsetto make the ground sit work, the moment you stand up you'll be floating high over the ground. So you'll need to set and reset this offset every single time you sit down or stand up again.

I had an AO that sunk me down, it was by Oracul. Im not sure of the setup of yours, but I know with my AO, if I pulled the menue up, And clicked "Import" it gave me 3 height options. And you choose the one closest to your height. It brought my avatar out of the ground.

Oracul is good about that. They also tend to sell their individual animations in sets for multiple avatar sizes.

Unfortunately, they mislabel everything. My avatar is fairly tall, 5'7"/170cm, but I have to use the animations they label "teen" or "150cm".

Depending on how tall the toddler avatar the OP is using is, even "child" might be for avatars too large for them. Luckily, they give out free test animations so you can give it a try before you buy anything.

A couple of stores do that, but most do not create animations for multiple sizes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.