AO HUD can't find animation in inventory / can't add my AO. [SOLVED]

Scamp Skytower

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Oh god. I've tried this loads and can't figure out what i'm doing wrong. Trust me I don't like to trouble the forum unless i've really given it a go...

I'm trying to get a solid standard ao and be able to change it – add delete animations etc. I have a fully functioning one (which is based on Zhao II) so its not an emergency but I thought it was about time I treated my ao and animations like I treat my wardrobe and outfits. Organised and in control.

I know people are going to tell me to detach any ao's. (All the advice seems to say the same but without my error) Rez the hud on the ground, edit and drag animations to the contents and edit the notecard to include exactly the name of the animation. Save and close and then re-read the scripts of the hud. I do this by right clicking on it, choose tools from the pie, choose scripts, choose reload. I'm using Singularity viewer. This seems to work. There is a box that pops up to tell me what its doing and lists all the items in the contents. This info is mirrored in the local chat that appears at the bottom left. Done.

Ok ready to go. Turn hud on. Nothing. Update info from the hud and it produces an error saying it cant find the animation in the inventory. Its there, both in my own inventory and in the edit/contents of the hud.

Any ideas what i'm doing wrong. I've tried about 5 huds including the Singularity default, Zhao II, my purchased Zhao II amended one, and others.

Thanks for any help. XX Sarah.

Is the syntax also correct in the notecard?  Zhao has the vertical bar between entries and it should have no spaces.  For example:

[ Standing ]Anim1|Anim2|Anim3|Anim4

Those are the exact names of the animations, no spaces, separated by the "|" (vertical bar, the shift+backslash key).  There is no vertical bar after the final entry in the list.

Hope this helps and stuff.

Yay!

I thought you were onto something when you mentioned spaces but on checking, I hadn't put any spaces in so it wasn't that. but while I was checking I  noticed that I'd put in the notecard a number of animations that I hadn't yet put into the edit inventory. I did have the ones I wanted but planned to put some others in later. In fact the AO was working, it was just going through the missing animations (ie, avi was unanimated) before it got to the ones it could find. It just looked like it wasn't working.

Thanks Kless. Somehow it helped.

Sorry Kless, that now means your invitation to General Discussions is cancelled and you will have to restrict your movements within the forum to the ANSWERS section.

After you have done the compulsory course in cutting and pasting, of course.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.