ANOTHER MESH NOOB NEEDING HELP

Robin Redangel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi.  I'm trying to figure out how to make this mesh thing work, and i need help.

I'm trying to make a femboy avatar using the ONauhau mesh body.  It went pretty well until i tried to put a skin on it.  I modified the shape of the body using the regular shape editing tool in the game, and got it looking pretty much the way i wanted.  Then when i added one of the skins i'd been using, the shape of the body changed radically and the mesh body was poking through the skin, so it looked like two bodies grafted together badly.  Even after i made adjustments in the shape using the same shape editor, it looked terrible.  I tried clickng on different items in the ONauhau folder, like "Tattoo Layer" and "Clothing Layer" and "Mask" and a few other things, but i couldn't make it work.  

So, if anybody wants to help me, i'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

First, be sure that you have the alpha on for your default body, That's probably what you're seeing showing through.

The other problem is, you need an applier for the skin for your mesh body. A system skin can't be worn on a mesh body. The body you've chosen isn't Omega compatible so you'll have to find skins made specifically for that body, probably from the body maker. 

Good luck.

I am sorry if I tell you some basic information that you already know. I didn't have time to see if you are new to SL, or seasoned in SL and just new to mesh.

When you worked on your shape, did you save the settings under "save as" and a name you will remember, like Onauhau january?

Because if you don't save and go back in the appearance menu, the changes you made can slip back. I also wonder if you put on the default shape in the Onauhau avatar pack. That can explain why your shape changed.

And you know that "add" put on a new layer, like an alpha layer. But "wear" take off the first layer, using the "wear" means that you can wear only one layer. Add means you can add alphas. I wonder if that's some reason for the "blotches", you wear an alpha layer only for feet... I am not familiar with the Onauhau body, but all other mesh avatars I use, come with several alpha layers.

Adding to your confusion, the layers in the Onauhau folder is not the same as system layers. The downside of shopping smaller brands in mesh body parts, is that they require editing skills in a much larger degree than the bodyparts with a large section of ready to wear skins and clothes.

Is there a group for this brand of avatars? Or does the creator have a blog with "how to wear" instructions?

The Nauha body comes with seperate attachments for body, clothes and tattoos.

It sounds possibly like you are wearing two bodies at the same time, one you have textured (using the omega scripts?) and the default body?? Once you have textured one with your skin that is the only body attachment you want to be wearing.

It is hard to tell from your description what you have done.

Thank you everyone for your help.  

To answer a couple of your questions, i've been on SL for over 6 years, and i've used both the classic avatars and a couple of mesh avatars, specifically the Maitreya Lara, which i don't have much trouble with.  But i had someone help me set that up in the game, watching me and providing guidance.  I also did the same with a neko avatar using the Kemono body, again with someone helping me.  

It sounds like the Omega Applier will solve the problem, so I'll try that first and if it doesn't work, i'll be back to whine some more.  Thanks again!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.