New Translator?

Elaine8000

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I used to use a Metanomics Translator.  However, it recently stopped working properly.  I think it was something to do with a recent update to SL, that the translator is not compatible with.

Can anyone recommend a new Translator that works with all recent SL updates?  I liked the way that the Metanomics Translator had a database of quite a few languages, and translated things immediately when someone else was speaking a foreign language, but I could turn "OUTPUT" off.  So I would just keep it attached all the time in case I met somebody who was foreign speaking.

THanks

Elaine

Unfortunately, all the translators in SL quit working. It has to do with the translators using Google translate. Whatever was done broke that connection. It's a problem for us in the sim I RP in since we have a multinational community and the loss of those translators has made things difficult, to say the least. It's too bad too. I've seen players that started out using those exclusively learn written English by compairing their native language to the English translation and gotten to where they didn't need the translator anymore. Another sneaky learning tool that no longer worls.

• 2 weeks later...

There's actually a working translator on the market. It uses a different method of translation than metanomics. Metanomics had to communicate with Google for the translation. Since the update closed that link it could not communicate. This new one has the languages built in. Here's the link to it.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Translator-All-google-languages-free-version/7076496

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.