Looking for a good picnic or cuddle blanket

Innula Zenovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Shouldn't be difficult, but...

My friend is making me a lovely park, which people will be welcome to use as a hang-out. We're looking for a picnic/cuddle blanket to put out there. I don't really mind how much it costs -- though I've seen some in the Marketplace for around L$4,000, for which I'd expect something pretty outstanding.

Anyway, I'm looking for very good overall looks and quality. I'd much prefer a no-poseball animation system, but that's not a deal-breaker. Similarly, I'd prefer something that uses temp attach for the props, but that's not nearly so important as that they look good and use decent animations (not, for example, that free drinking animation that makes it look as if you're trying to smash the cup into your forehead).

I'm far more interested in a having a smaller menu of high quality, well-thought-out, animations than am I in having a huge menu of animations that never get used. Adult anims would be nice -- it's on an Adult region, after all -- but I'm equally (if not more) interested in several people being able to use it for picnics and generally hanging out.

I have to be able to inspect it in-world before I buy it. That is a deal-breaker. I've wasted too much money already on buying blankets that looked good on the marketplace but not when I came to try them, and I've been saved a lot of money by inspecting blankets that I would otherwise have bought had I not checked them out in-world first. So I do need to see the item.

Anyone got any suggestions?

I don't want one built.  I am simply looking for recommendations.   As I explained, I've tried looking on the marketplace, but haven't found anything I like that I can inspect in-world.    I've bought several there and been disappointed with the results, so now I'm open to suggestions.

I'm hoping someone is going to say, "I bougnt one from so-and-so's inworld shop and am very happy with it.   Why don't you go and take a look."

Innula Zenovka wrote:

I'd prefer something that uses temp attach for the props, but that's not nearly so important as that they look good and use decent animations (not, for example, that free drinking animation that makes it look as if y
ou're trying to smash the cup into your forehead)

That sounds like it's an excellent simulation of the type of activity that my son is involved in most nights at university...

[i, hope you don't mind, Innula, but I have taken the liberty of using your request as an example of the sort of thing that WOULD be acceptable over in GD; you can ask any questions about unpacking it in ANSWERS of course...]

Thanks all.   I checked out both Follow Us and What Next as suggested.  They have really good quality stuff at both.   Thank you so much.    I ended up going with a recommendation from elsewhere (Cheeky Pea, who turned out to have almost exactly what I wanted), but I am sure will be returning to both your recommendations before long for other items.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.