Hunting For Unrigged Clothing

Shiro Furse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings folks how ya'll doing today.

I'm currently in the market looking or 'unrigged' mesh clothing for myself for some unusual avatars.  Some of them are a little bigger than average and some mesh just can't fit it, unless it's unrigged where I can modify to fit my avi the best... so please SL FOURMS I Need Your Help :O

Shiro Furse-Brightflame

If you try unrigged clothing, you'll need to be permanently running the T pose animation because clothing without any weights will not move at all with the avatar armature animations.

What you would need is to source the clothing as files that you would edit in a 3d application to them upload to SL yourself... After rigging it yourself.

Yes what Sassy said is right, and that is why you will not likely find what you are looking for in ready to wear items.  In all the time I have been working with mesh items, I have only seen boots or shoes offered as unrigged.  In order to do what you want, you would need to buy mesh templates that also offer the .dae files and as Sassy mentioned, you would have to upload those files to a 3D program and alter the sizes in that and then bring them back into SL.  I see no other way to do it.

I understand what both of you are saying... but there is one way to do unrigged clothing without that much hassle. 

If you take a look at cold breath cargo [ https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Cold-Breath-Cargo-Pants/5460770? ] they have both an unrigged and rigged versions.

The unrigged version comes in pieces [hips/pelivic area, Upper Legs, Lower Legs] that you attach as seperate parts on the legs and resize/shape how you need.  It does work and allows for non-t-pose..SO you do need a bit of basic modding experience but it is very do-able.

So by creating this thread I was hoping someone would know of some mesh clothes that would have a simular set up to that?

Yes that's the only way, that's how we had to do it with sculpties but what you're asking for will be VERY rare now as it's an ugly way to do it with all sorts of parts overlapping.  Given that fitted mesh or mesh bodies solves the issue for the bulk of users, you'll be hard pressed to find what you want but good luck, you don't know if you don't ask.

Not really if you mod it corretly...

I mean take a look at this::

First time I ever took on a modding job like that and it works perfectly... and yes this is one of my sizes.and yes those are normal size avitars beside me...

SO would anyone know clothing that could fit this big guy or bigger?

Yes but that's also in the simplest possible pose.  Once the limbs move, the texture will be occluded by overlapping parts, just as they did with sculpties.

However, it doesn't matter, as long as you're happy with the result, that's all that actually matters here.  I just think you'll find no appetite to create mesh clothing that has been broken into parts for this purpose because it's much more work for the creator, will make any kind of HUD texture scripting an absolute pain in the bum.

Try looking for sculptie based stuff instead?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.