CALLING ALL RESIDENTS THAT WANT TO MODEL! AN AMAZING CONTEST GRID-WIDE

RedJess Rowley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Like to be creative?  Love seeing unique designs rocking the runway and wish you could be there strutting your style and flair?  Interested in possibly modeling in SL, but you need a helping hand to get things moving?  Think you have what it takes to put an amazing outfit together based on a specific, real life high fashion designer?

--------------------------------------------------HERE IS YOUR CHANCE!-----------------------------------------------------

**The Creative Loft** proudly presents   "Show Me Your BEST - SL Resident DIOR Style!" contest!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This contest is open GRID-WIDE, male and female, and is for NON-Certified model avatars ONLY.  In other words, those who have graduated at any modeling academy cannot enter. This contest is designed to give a new model the chance to fulfill a seemingly impossible dream for them.

THEME:  Style your avatar from head to toe to mimic the styles of the real life fashion house, Christian DIOR.

PRIZES: (As of Jan 13th) (more to be added)

IST PLACE:   

- The entire Walk 12 Series from .:IsoMotion:. (8 sets, 168 walks) [value of L$152,000]            

- The entire Haute Couture Series from .:IsoMotion:. (3 sets, 12 walks, 5 stands) [value of L$1,800] 

- Photo shoot by Kent Nowicka including Headshot, 3/4 body shot & Full length body shot                                for your fashion portfolio. [value of L$2700]            

- Fantasy Fashion Makeup FATPACK by Madrid Solo + Fashion photo shoot for your fashion portfolio. [**Specific details of the gift will be posted in the near future.  May be altered by designer.]             

- A set of 10 custom poses made for your avatar after the contest by Amici Poses.  [value of L$1000]             

- A feature full page article about Top 3 contestants will be in InKline magazine.                

2ND PLACE:            

- Choice of 4 sets from the Walk 12 Series from .:IsoMotion:. (4 sets, 84 walks) [value of L$76,000]            
- Choice of 1 set from the Haute Couture Series from .:IsoMotion:. (1 set, 6 walks) [value of L$750]            

- Photo shoot by Kent Nowicka including Headshot, 3/4 body shot & Full length body shot for your fashion portfolio. [value of L$2700]            

- Fantasy Fashion Makeup FATPACK by Madrid Solo + Fashion photo shoot for your fashion portfolio.                 [**Specific details of the gift will be posted in the near future.  May be altered by designer.]            

- A set of 6 custom poses made for your avatar afer the contest by Amici Poses.  [value of L$600]            

- A feature full page article about Top 3 contestants will be in InKline magazine.                  

3RD PLACE:            

- Choice of 2 sets from the Walk 12 Series from .:IsoMotion:. (2 sets, 42 walks) [value of L$38,000]            

- Photo shoot by Kent Nowicka including Headshot, 3/4 body shot & Full length body shot for your fashion portfolio. [value of L$2700]            

- Fantasy Fashion Makeup FATPACK by Madrid Solo + Fashion photo shoot for your fashion portfolio.  [**Specific details of the gift will be posted in the near future.  May be altered by designer.]            

- A set of 4 custom poses made for your avatar afer the contest by Amici Poses.  [value of L$400]            

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a 5 STEP PROCESS to potentially become one of the TOP 10 FINALISTS:

STEP 1:     Style your avatar completely from head to toe in fashion style mimicking Christian Dior.

STEP 2:     Take a 1024x1024 photo of your full avatar. Photo-editing is allowed but keep it minimum and true to your inworld avatar.

STEP 3:     Include the following in a notecard: A.) A list of what you are wearing    B.) The uploaded photo of your avatar   C.) The inspiration photo(s) from Christian DIOR  D.) A short paragraph of how these photos inspired the outfit you are wearing.   E.) Confirm that you have the following in case you are selected as a finalist:  Active SKYPE account, a pose HUD, at LEAST 4 poses and 1 walk animation.

STEP 4:     Title the note card, "TCL DIOR Entry (YOUR NAME)"

STEP 5:     Save and send the notecard to Redtess69 Resident

DEADLINES:  Note cards must be sent to Redtess69 Resident by Friday, January 18, 2013 at 10 AM SLT                

Two mandatory rehearsals during the week of January 27th-31st                

Mandatory dress rehearsal on February 1st                

Contest Finale and Awards Show on February 2nd

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINALISTS: Final selection will be announced between 5-6 PM SLT on Wednesday, January 23, 2013.  Finalists                 will receive a congratulatory note card and invitation to the **TCL** group by Redtess69 Resident.

*****************************************************************************************************************

RULES:            

- All contestants must NOT have had any graduations from SecondLife modeling academies.            

- All finalists must have the following: Active SKYPE account, a pose HUD, at LEAST 4 poses and 1  walk animation for the final show.            

- All finalists must be available to attend 2 rehearsals during the week of January 27th-31st.            

- All finalists must be available to attend dress rehearsal on February 1st            

- And of course, the Contest Finale and Awards Show on February 2nd

~GOOD LUCK!

Why do you need a skype account? So you don't want any Models that have been trained by other agencies, but you seem to belong to many agencies?? You don't mention you have a model agancy so I think this may be a bit fishy...and also the "The Creative Loft" leaves some questions open.

Is this a way to get people to sign up with your model agancy? If so, instead of steering them in some "wow you lucked out all this and not paying for modeling school" seems not the full story.

I think you may have left out some important details and I am still wondering what skype would have to do with this.

Red is an active model in SL, so it's not surprising that she would be affliated with a number of agencies and organizations.

Please read the following link for more information on The Creative Loft: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Wanted/Calling-all-prospective-models-Styling-Contests-are-starting-do/td-p/1811313

If you are familar with the modeling industry, the majority of the contests are geared towards certified models, i.e. have graduated from an academy. However, there are a number of people who haven't went to school, but still have a flair for fashion. This contest is geared towards them.

There are a significant number of residents who use Skype (and it's free). As laggy (espeically when using voice) and at times inconsistent as SL can be, Skype is an alternative way of communicating so if the sim crashes, or you crash - you can still be in contact with other people and be updated on the current events.

If you have questions or feel like something is being left unsaid, you can always talk to Red inworld about your concerns.

Monica Querrien wrote:

Red is an active model in SL, so it's not surprising that she would be affliated with a number of agencies and organizations.

Please read the following link for more information on The Creative Loft:

If you are familar with the modeling industry, the majority of the contests are geared towards certified models, i.e. have graduated from an academy. However, there are a number of people who haven't went to school, but still have a flair for fashion. This contest is geared towards them.

There are a significant number of residents who use Skype (and it's free). As laggy (espeically when using voice) and at times inconsistent as SL can be, Skype is an alternative way of communicating so if the sim crashes, or you crash - you can still be in contact with other people and be updated on the current events.

If you have questions or feel like something is being left unsaid, you can always talk to Red inworld about your concerns.

Yes I am familiar with the so called sl modeling world as through the years of being on and off sl i have many friends. This ad did not explain she had her own modeling agancy and to want people that have not spent money somewhere else after winning some contest usually resorts to signing up with place that sponsered. I am not sure why skype was not explained in the ad, also wondering why it took you and not the OP to answer any questions here so that takes any validation in my eyes as who this person is as honest with this ad. sl is  vast and even people in the modeling world surely does not know everyone who has participated. I wish more people were informed that paying someone to be an sl model is silly. You learn to navigate your avatar with multiple key use and a hud so movements don't seem jerky. Pixels being a famous model taking a class that costs a large amount of money is ridiculous, my opinion, but backed by facts. If you want advice on putting outfits together there are many free blogs. I hate seeing people taken advantage of in a virtual world that a certificate is seemingly silly but you paid real world money for. I also in my many on  and off years of sl have never had a problem with voice if you are in a laggy area and a machine that can't run sl then yes slvoice doesn't remain steady.

The OP could not answer the replies on her own post, she should be happy to have you run to answer. Enjoy modeling.

Edit- I can't call it the modeling industry in a virtual world where there is no such thing as actual requiremnets but a good skin and paying for pixel clothes, the ability to use the nav keys 2 at a time which most of us oldbies do as it is, and a hud.

I just checked the Christian DIOR website and unfortunaely the company does NOT lend it's name in any way shape or form for people to grab attention to events rl or sl. I would suggest that you rethink using a trademarked name, even in the way you implied. Since you seem to be the spokesperson for the OP I directed this at you. MP stores can't use licensed or trademarked or copywrite protected content. Just because this is sl doesn't mean the law should be broken.

Hello Izzabelha! I will address your concerns here.

"This ad did not explain she had her own modeling agancy and to want people that have not spent money somewhere else after winning some contest usually resorts to signing up with place that sponsered."

I don't think  it's fair to assume that because Red has a major role in a modeling agency that TCL cannot and will not be objective in helping prospective models. TCL is NOT a school or an agency, so people can't sign up for it for the purpose that you have described. Since you said you know about modeling, I am sure you know there is at least one organization where people can learn tips about modeling with no obligation to join any agency or academy, and that many of the people who take on active roles hold significant roles in various agencies.

"I am not sure why skype was not explained in the ad"

What additional explanation for Skype would you need? I am not sure where you are going with this.

"I also in my many on  and off years of sl have never had a problem with voice if you are in a laggy area and a machine that can't run sl then yes slvoice doesn't remain steady."

I understand for your own personal use, Skype may not seem necessary. However, that may not always be the same when you are dealing with businesses and/or major events. As for voice being reliable I have had friends having issues getting voice to work inworld, whether if it's SL acting up or their viewer giving them issues. I have seen at huge events everything that is scripted gets shut down because of lag, and sim crashes, logging people off or their screen frozen. So having an external source of communication independent of SL is needed if everything is to run smoothly. 

"...also wondering why it took you and not the OP to answer any questions here so that takes any validation in my eyes as who this person is as honest with this ad."

I am an active member of TCL, having been involved with their events in the past. So that to me makes it more valid because it's not just one person talking about the contest (and the group itself). Also, I'm the one who suggested to Red to promote the contest on the Second Life forums, because in the past I have seen people who are looking for opportunities to model, but for one reason or another didn't attend an academy (thus most opportunies are not available to them). I am sure if you contact Red inworld she will answer any of your questions. Not everyone has the time to check on the forums when the majority of communication to sign up is being conducted inworld via IMs and notecards.

"I just checked the Christian DIOR website and unfortunaely the company does NOT lend it's name in any way shape or form for people to grab attention to events rl or sl. I would suggest that you rethink using a trademarked name, even in the way you implied. Since you seem to be the spokesperson for the OP I directed this at you. MP stores can't use licensed or trademarked or copywrite protected content. Just because this is sl doesn't mean the law should be broken."

**The Creative Loft** proudly presents   "Show Me Your BEST - SL Resident DIOR Style!" contest!

THEME:  Style your avatar from head to toe to mimic the styles of the real life fashion house, Christian DIOR.

I don't see any rules being broken, and The Creative Loft is not a marketplace store (or any store). The theme is to use SL clothing to recreate the styles of Christian Dior as your inspiration. Every designer has a certain look that makes them stand out from the other houses of fashion. So the contest will judge how well people can do this. No one is trying to impersonate the designer, or say that they are affliated with Dior.

"I wish more people were informed that paying someone to be an sl model is silly. You learn to navigate your avatar with multiple key use and a hud so movements don't seem jerky. Pixels being a famous model taking a class that costs a large amount of money is ridiculous, my opinion, but backed by facts. If you want advice on putting outfits together there are many free blogs. I hate seeing people taken advantage of in a virtual world that a certificate is seemingly silly but you paid real world money for."

I don't know how you get all of this from a contest that's open to people who haven't been to a school...whether self-taught or brand new to modeling. Again, TCL is not an academy, so these statements distract from the topic at hand.

Sorry, but my rl job has to do with branding and I have legal knowledge of terms of use, in no way even to just "hint" at the fact of a TM brand is illegal. I love how people just skate around it because of the verbiage used. What's wrong is wrong, there is no debate on how many levels you can use a brand when it's not yours. Look at the way the name is typed out, it's called a bait with a famous brand and this should be removed. Also for sl modeling, please explain the worth of that. Fun is one thing but to dupe people into spending a lot of lindens on some fantasy fame is sad, no matter what people use sl for. Those are usually the people in rl that have a very singular lifestyle and need some uplift in a non-realistic way. Sad thing is that most of the people need validation when rl should be a priority. I look at these contests, always have as what they are. You can't use a TM brand unless you own it. Period. BTW TCL is not her modeling agency, it's a different name LOL so read the previous post before this one, vast difference. People should fully understand how things like this work in sl as to not have their lindens used for something that is not what they truly understand. I am not interested in anymore of your PR work for redtess69. I responded to her post.

MP ads can't "bait" people to look at their listings using TM or copyright brands, so I suppose this forum has different rules than the legalities of rl laws. Interesting.

Most shows in SL are skyped for communicating.  if the show crashes, typically skype doesn't.

also, it's less to "wear" or "add" in sl, so less lag.

I like helping people and have alot of contacts and experience to be helpful.  Nothing fishy at all.

I don't have a model agency.  I have a group of models that are available to help and mentor and talk about modeling in SL.

Anything else, Issabelha?

By the way, I just now got back to this thread.

Issabelha, we are throwing a simple contest to honor Christian DIOR style in SL.  That's it.

We are a group of models that are having a contest, and some sponsors are throwing alot of FANTASTIC gifts our way.

What's the problem with that?

If you aren't interested, sobeit. 

There is NO "catch", nor any offer to attend ANY agency.

It's just FUN.

If you have anything more to address to me, please contact me directly.  It REALLY is a fun contest!  You should give it a go!  :)

Sounds like it is Q&A time.

First off, this contest was devised by me. I am a fan of the many designers, past and present, under the Dior name and wanted to give a few lucky, aspiring models a chance to try out modeling without the huge fares associated with going to schools, buying poses and animations, etc. I approached Red with the idea to help me put together the contest and bring in some sponsors for the prizes; one being a scholarship to the modeling school, Amici Modeling Academy. 

The *TCL* group is hosting the contest for me but is in no way attempting to recruit models like an agency. It is an independent group designed to help apsiring models get their foot into the door to modeling, kind of like the group, Model's Workshop. The *TCL* is helping me by coordinating the contest so I do not have to worry about every tiny detail like the sim, stage, DJs, hosts, etc. It takes a LOT of work to run a show, pageant and/or contest.

The purpose of the contest, as stated before, is to style an outfit like it was Dior. There is no particular marketplace or inworld store that anyone needs to use or buy from, it just has to look like it could have been a Dior design. Hence the contest's name, "Show me your BEST - SL Resident Dior Style". The secondary advantage of hosting contests like this is the chance to be seen. Like in real life, a designer, agency or academy CEO could spot someone who has the style they like and want to build upon. Even if that person does not win the contest, they could potentially be contacted by that spotter afterward for a different chance. It does happen, whether you believe it or not.

Skype is needed to reduce lag during the finale. If a contestant crashes, they will still be able to talk to the backstage coordinators who can guide them back onto the stage without a hitch.

Exactly. We do not even have a pictorial ad, but that is mainly to prevent people from seeing what is on the ad as the standard, ie; a dress or avant garde or business, etc. I personally wanted to keep the idea of the style of Dior as wide as they are in real life and see what contestants come up with. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.