why won't it allow me to change clothes or teleport?

ShadowRider64

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i think this may be a view problem but i havent found any problems, this only occoured recently, on 8/20/13, it would not allow me to equip clothes, only attachments, it would also not allow me to change complete outfits, also when i teleport to a different location, it would take an abnormal amount of time and even after the load, it would either return me to the starting location or it would show my avitar very disfigured and it would log me out.  Please help.  

-ShadowRIder64 :(

1 answer to this question

I'm sure you have heard that a MAJOR Server Update was rolled out today. It's major feature was the deployment of a technology Server Side Appearance. Small updates to Server code have been ongoing for the past several weeks in preparation for this. OK, now it is fully deployed.

What we have been seeing over the past few weeks leading up to the final deployment today seems to be fixed often with a clean install of the Viewer onto your PC. This fixes many things for a number of reasons. Compromised XML configuration files, Caches with non clearing textures in them, texture indices that will not reset.

So here it comes...rather than try to find a small configuration weirdity on your PCs current installation of SL lets have you do a reinstall of SL again using the official version from Linden Lab. [using the  clean install] method

1) http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

Here is the Windows 8 Manual System File cleanup procedure since it's not in the procedure above.

Windows 8
1.Using File Explorer -> Libraries / Computer / ( C: ) / Users /
2.Press the Continue button to get permission to obtain permanent permission edit this directory.
3.From the View drop-down menu option select Options & Change Folder & Search Options
4.Select the View Tab
5.Under the Hidden Files and Folders options click on the - O Show hidden files, folders & Drives radio button
6.Push the Apply Button then the OK button.
7.Open C:\Users\\AppData\Local and delete the contents of your Temp folder and the SecondLife folder.
8.Uninstall Second Life using the Programs and Features tool in the Windows Control Panel.
9.Download and install the latest release of the Second Life Viewer from http://secondlife.com/support/downloads/.

2) Login using that Viewer and wait for a complete Login and Inventory rebuild.

3) Afterwards, you may use any viewer you prefer but I recommend a clean install of that viewer as well following their instructions.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.