Windows 7 (64-bit).

Dorkable1488304607

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

[Edited from before] I Have taken out the graphics card but there's more information to this.

I Have downloaded a lot of stuff on this (Adobe Products,Another SL Viewers,Join.Me,etc.) Even the other viewers lagg.

And I Have To Sometimes take out the graphics card because the viewer says

your graphics card is one second life does not recognize. Please Go To Me>Prefences>Graphics. Now I've Messed With It But still nothing happens. sometimes i even set the terrian & another stuff to low but it still laggs. now it might be because i have downloaded alot of stuff on this laptop. but if i do everything she said (can't remeber her username) it will probably work to slow down or completely stop the lagging.

Oh and the downloads (For adobe & etc.) or close to probably 1-59 Mbs

7 answers to this question

It is NOT the Windows Home 7- 64 bit as I have that and it is working beautifully. You didn't give any computer specs so it could definitely be your hardware. Just having the newest version of Windows doesn't guarantee that you can use SL well. Sounds like your graphics card may not be up to the challange. Try lowering your draw distance, resizing your window smaller than full screen and perhaps a third party viewer that takes less resources. Those things usually help, but without knowing more, it is definitely difficult to pinpoint the problem.

SL with the newest viewer, full screen and with shadows wants ---- POWER!   *wink*

There are way too many possible reasons, given just that small amount of information.  All graphics cards are not created equal.  Some are better suited for SL than others.  All CPUs are not created equal either.  You might be using a wireless connection, which gives a lot of people trouble.  You might have other programs running in the background (antivirus, e-mail, browser, ...) that are using processor time and memory.  You could have a slow internet connection.  You could be carrying too many scripted objects on your avatar.  You could have your draw distance set way too high.  You could be spending your time in crowded sims with loads of textures (a mall will do that).    See >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Lag

1.  I have a late model car that is fuel efficient.

2.  My car has air conditioning.

3.  Why can't I maintain 65 mph climbing the Grapevine in August?

Silly set of "facts" with a legitmate question.  But it's not any sillier than the initial post to this thread.  How can anyone answer the question with those "facts"?

Launch your viewer.  Under the "Help" menu click "About Second Life" and copy the specs given then paste back here.  That way people will have something that might help resolve your problem.  And you won't be reading "answers" like mine...........instead you might get some real information.

To add to your post use the "Options" in the upper right hand corner of the initial post and choose "Edit".  Add the system specs and any more information that might be helpful for anyone to try to help you.

You take the graphics card out of the computer?  Like open it up and physically remove it from the machine?  I don't understand why you would ever need to do that unless you were replacing it or up grading it.  If you remove your graphics card then you would be using the onboard graphics chipset built into the motherboard of the computer..........and that graphics adapter will almost certainly be less capable of running SL than the graphics card.

The Adobe software (any software, actually) will have little or nothing to do with performance of your computer while using SL.  Some programs that run in the background could interfere with SL by using up resources that your graphics and other computational tasks need to display SL properly..........but that is only on computers with marginal specs (a high end CPU with a high end GPU and a computer with plenty of system memory won't even hiccup with background programs running).

We need specifications.  Software installed on your machine are not specs and have nothing to do with your problem.

I think maybe you are looking at a thumb drive or memory stick that you plug into your USB port. That's not a graphics card. It's removable storage media (you can copy music, photos, files, etc to it so you can move those items from one computer to another or for safe keeping in case you have to reformat your hard drive). A video card is a physical card that plugs into a slot that is on your motherboard (also called main board) of your computer...............the motherboard is inside the case of your computer and is what every hardware device is connected to in order for your computer to work. You have to physically enter the case to remove the card.

If you will launch your viewer (you don't need to log in) and under the "Help" menu click "About Second Life" you'll see the basic specs for your computer. I'm afraid no one is going to be able to help you much without some specs.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.