When I attempt to use the SL viewer i get a message that it is already running, but it is not

ravager1961

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Open Task Manager on your copy of windows, if you don't know how to do that, press crtl-alt-del and a blue windows screen will open with options to login restart and "Start Task Manager".

In the task manager window, go to the 'processes' tab, look at the list of processes running, one should be a copy of firestorm that hasnt closed properly from your last use, click on it, then click the "end process" button in the bottom of the task manager window.

Sometimes when you exit an application the window closes, it's vanished from the task tray, but it is in fact still rinning, cleaning up temp files or writing settings to file, and usually ends a short time later, occasionally this can glitch and it doesn't end before you try and restart.

You can also tick a box in the viewer settings allowing more than one copy to run at a time, but I'd advise against it unless you have a really good pc.

If it were me I'd perform a clean install of the SL viewer, which means not only removing it from the "uninstall programs" list, but going to your Drive C (hard drive) and type "secondlife" in the upper right text search box removing/deleting ALL secondlife files & then re-boot your pc. In addition, I'd re-download the viewer off SL's site for your re-install just in case you got what is called a "corrupted"  initial download from SL.

"I Relish Simplicity"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.