Viewer 2 full screen...

Myrddin Wylie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4873 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

bee Baroque wrote:

advanced (ctrl+alt+d) - shortcuts - toggle fullscreen. shortcut... yeah right...

http://wiki.secondlife.com/w/index.php?title=File:Viewer2Tips-Navigation-Shortcuts.png&filetimestamp=20100412172330

I know that appears in the Wiki but I thought toggle fullscreen was gone having been removed in one of the earlier viewer 2 versions. I'm using Kirstens S20(44) and the latest Second Life 2.4.0 (216989) and toggle fullscreen is not in the Advanced > Shortcuts menu or anywhere else that I can find.

Nyll

I can confirm that CTRL+ALT+D does still work in Viewer 2.4 to show/hide the advanced menu.However, the 'togle full screen' option does not seem to be there. The important thing to remember though is the CTRL+ALT+F1 shortcut to toggle fullscreen. This still works in 2.4

Another cool shortcut to know is ALT+SHIFT+H to hide and show HUDS.

Those two shortcuts will get you a wonderfully clear and immersive view, perfect in paticular for making videos

• Like 1

Suella Ember wrote:

I can confirm that CTRL+ALT+D does still work in Viewer 2.4 to show/hide the advanced menu.However, the 'togle full screen' option does not seem to be there. The important thing to remember though is the CTRL+ALT+F1 shortcut to toggle fullscreen. This still works in 2.4

Another cool shortcut to know is ALT+SHIFT+H to hide and show HUDS.

Those two shortcuts will get you a wonderfully clear and immersive view, perfect in paticular for making videos

...oh yes, CTRL+ALT+D works in all viewers but the toggle menu item has gone. However, you're absolutely right....just tried CTRL+ALT+F1 and it works fine in 2.4 and Kirstens! NIce shortcut for HUDs..didn't know that one.

Nyll

• Like 1

the CTRL+ALT+F1 is actually a toggle for the UI. I use it for videos as well,but the problem with that as opposed to the old REAL full screen mode is that you can't chat or see IM's without turning the UI back on.

Catznip beta based on 2.4 code still has a full screen option which includes the UI. Not sure how Kitty managed that as I thought the code had been removed

*huggs*

Mondy

Thank you so much ladies. I really appreciate the help. I have just read your posts and will try them soon. Luckily I still have the original viewer and Phoenix, and they still have the full screen. I will also have to look up some of the other viewers you have been speaking about. Once again thank you so much ladies. (Funny how only the ladies know what's going on, LOL)

Myrddin Wylie wrote:

Funny how only the ladies know what's going on, LOL

That's life for you!

Incidentally - all the ladies here are looking sexy with their new profile photos! I only just noticed that everyone seems to have updated them!

@Mondy - Thanks for that info about Ctrl+Alt+F1 not allowing you to chat. I wasn't aware that there used to be a fullscreen alternative that still allowed you to chat. I only ever use Ctrl+Alt+F1 when I'm making vids (and hence don't want to see chat on my screen!)

No problem.

On series 1.2x viewers, Phoenix etc. the key shortcut is CTRL+ALT+Enter (just tested as working), CMD+alt+ enter on Mac I think. On Catznip ALT+Enter (also just tested to confirm working)

Official 2.4 the option doesn't work

However: If you did want to chat and video at the same time so you know whats going on,a workaround I have used is to use a screencast program that lets you select the window area,that way you can hide huds,select the area above the text bar and below the menu/location bar. Two I know of are Camtasia Studio (commercial) and CamStudio (opensource so free)

*huggs*

Mondy

Message was edited by: Monderas.Bristol to add screen recorder info

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4873 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.