V2 friends Profile "disabled"

Knowl Paine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I can view several of my friends Profiles without error but one of my friend's Profile says that it is Disabled.

Is this a feature that hides the entire profile or is there another problem. What does disabled mean in that context?

Comment: I did receive an IM recently from my friend but I do have a concern that "disabled" is the new LL word for the previous word "none found" and I have a good idea what that usually meant.

Thanks for the answers so far.  

4 answers to this question

Hi Knowl, I can think of only two possibilities.

1. The account has been disabled, i.e. cancelled banned deleted etc

2. That's what it says when you don't want anyone to be able to see your profile.

If you can talk to your friend then you can rule out number 1. Then you can ask your friend to mess around with their privacy settings, for example enable profile to be viewed and what not and see if it changes what's being displayed to you.

reading the replies - is it really so that if a person has set his profile not to show in search you can't pull it up even if the person is on your friends list? or is it that the account has been cancelled/banned/put on administrative hold?

asking because - even though i am not using v2 (using phoenix) i am curious to know, cause i guess this is something that will follow the firestorm viewer? and by that time it's no escape :(

that would be so sad :( this would mean that anyone who has had a friend leave sl and deleting their account can no longer pull up their profile and reminisce.

:matte-motes-crying:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.