Some transparent textures and world map have turned white the past couple of days. How can I fix it?

nettlenibbler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For about a week some transparent textures have turned white. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to which transparent textures I see and which I don't. I first noticed it on trees made of thin prims arranged in a cross or star pattern - the sides, top and bottom that do not have the foliage texture usually aren't visible, but now I see white. Randomly, I'll encounter a white box that "highlight transparent" and "Rendering Types > Alpha" indicate should be transparent.

Also, and I'm not sure it's related, but I noticed it at the same time the transparency issue started is that when I open my world map everything is blue (like normal), but instead of the map textures loading for each region, they just turn white.

Anyways, I use the current version of Firestorm. I've cleared the caches about a gajillion times. Other than that I haven't touched my settings in forever. I DO NOT have this problem in Phoenix, but prefer Firestorm because of the multi-layer clothing feature. I haven't tried V3, but am tempted to try it.

Is it my viewer? some setting? some new feature that an update snuck in that doesn't jive with my computer?

4 answers to this question

I've had a similar issue in Firestorm  with alpha channels, especially with mesh objects, and couldn't find how to fix it. I would assume it comes from the viewer as you say you don't have this issue in Phoenix. You are tempted to use V3? Do it. :smileyhappy: There is no such problem with this viewer as far as I have experienced it. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.