Is the firestorm viewer better ?

Princessa177

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

That's entirely up to you.  Linden Lab wisely allows several third-party viewer to build on their basic viewer, so we have some excellent choices.  Everyone has a favorite, and many people use two or more viewers at different times, depending on what they are doing.  Personally, I prefer Firestorm when I am doing anything creative like building or scripting, because it has a more useful set of tools and I have much greater flexibility.  Others prefer Black Dragon for doing photography, or Singularity because it has a stripped down core that is easier on older machines.  Which one is better?  That's for you to decide, not someone else.

• Like 1

Try it and see!

You don't have to uninstall your "stock" Linden Lab viewer.

A lot of "old time" SL users (including me) prefer Firestorm.  Its interface is more like the SL viewers of old, and we're used to that.  Plus it has a lot of features that the stock viewer does not. 

Firestorm is, I believe, the most popular Third Party Viewer, but there are others out there as well.  Lots of people like Singularity, or Catznip...try several viewers and use the one that you like best.  Here's a list!

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.