I can't see certain things on my SL Viewer.

ynysmore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I can't see some textures in my SL Viewer.  In my SL house I can't see curtains, carpets, pictures etc but I can see the house structure and furniture.   I can see my tv screen but not the receiver.   I have tried on my old laptop and everything is fine.   Also other people can see everything in my house and they look fully dressed to me.  In other places I can see some textures but not all.   I have reinstalled but it has made no difference.   Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated

Hi, Thanks for that.   I tried it and slid all the arrows to the end but it made no difference    My desktop is a new one and has a Nvidia game card that is up to date.    I'm told some textures might be corrupted but I've emptied the cache several times and that hasn't worked either.  

Any other suggestions?

I still haven't resolved my problem.   I have tried everything, including uninstalling and reinstalling several times.   I've even done a  system restore to an earlier date but the Vieewer won't even open now.  Everyone I ask tells me they have never heard of this happening before but I can't believe it is a unique problem.  Surely someone must know how to fix it.

2 answers to this question

Your machine might not have quite as good a graphics card (or maybe it only has a graphics chip) as the old one did, so it can't render things as well.  Or, more likely, you have your Preferences set on the lowest settings and just need to pump them up a bit.  Specifically, open your Preferences >>> Graphics page and look at the slider at the top.  When you install a viewer, it senses what your computer is capable of doing and sets the Quality slider where you will probably get the best performance. Try adjusting that slider up or down by one step, though, to see if you get better results.  If you set it too high, your performance will get sluggish.  If you set it too low, you will get degraded graphics.

Then, look at the settings for Mesh Detail on that same page.  The default settings for the standard SL viewer are pitifully low, which means that many people can't see detail on some mesh objects.  Try moving some of those sliders -- specifically "Objects" and "avatars" -- to the right (higher detail).  Again, if your machine isn't up to the task, that may slow it down, but it should improve the amount of detail you can see.

Same for me.. For exanple, I cant see the watering can on lindo's hud, and cant see certain huds att all. But if i edit them I can see that they are there.  Other huds like vampires systems, excite or open collar work fine for me.

Also cant see most water textures. Last time I checked on my pc with nvidia video card years ago I didnt have a problem.. Now im on a pretty new notebook but just onborad video card though..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.