I can't open my SL Viewer

ynysmore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Two days ago I posted a question regarding my inability to see certain textures and, after trying many suggestions which didn't solve the problem, I did a clean re-install.   The new Viewer wouldn't open at all.   I installed Firestorm but that wouldn't open either.   I have tried a system restore to an earlier backup but it didn't work.   I have reinstalled SL Viewer again but it still won't open, however it is running perfectly on my old laptop.   The new system is a desktop with 2TB of space and everything else is working perfectly.  

Any suggestions would be most welcvome.

2 answers to this question

Hi ynysmore,

Alwin says, knowing that your new computer has lots of free hard drive space doesn't help us figure out what's going wrong. In the viewer's Help menu (which will appear even if you don't log-in) you can get a summary of your computer's hardware and OS particulars via "About Second Life...". Select that, then click the "Copy to clipboard" button at the bottom of the summary window. Then edit your question (via "Options" over there on the right) and paste the summary into your question.

If you are unable to even launch a viewer, try to tell us as much as possible about your computer. It would be helpful to know what OS you are running, what kind of main processor and graphics processor (if any) it has, how much RAM, etc.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.