I can't log in to sl I've tried everything

camisepic12

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3219 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Hmmm... That doesn't give us much to work with.  What happens when you try to log in? Do you get an error message of some kind?  Exactly what does it say?  What is the last thing that happens before login fails? That is, how far through the login process does your viewer get before it stops?   What else has changed in your computer in the past week (software updates, SL viewer update, .... )? 

What is the "everything" that you have tried so far?  Have you tried ...

• Logging in with a different computer?
  • Logging in with a different SL viewer?
  • Logging in to a different region in SL?
  • Rebooting your modem and router?
  • Getting off WiFi?

If you want to provide extra information or need to clarify your question, click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT. Please do not start a new thread. Doing that makes it hard for us to see what other people have already suggested, and it pushes other residents' questions off the page.

Try downloading and installing the latest version of Adobe Flash.

If that doesn't work, try this suggestion from Nalates' blog:  "I added slplugin.exe to my Windows Firewall and told my anti-virus it is an exception. I checked my computer for older versions of slplugin.exe and replaced all the older versions with a copy of the latest."

Another thing to try is to 1) search your computer for copies of the file slplugin.exe, and delete all but the latest version.  If that does not fix it, then right click that file and select "Run in Compatibility Mode."

Thank you for providing the added information.  It helps.  Take Lindal's suggestion about making sure that you are running the most current version of SLPlugin.exe.  If you have updated your SL viewer recently, you probably are. Then do be sure to make exceptions for SLPugin.exe in both your firewall and your antivirus program.

See https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Using-Second-Life-with-a-firewall/ta-p/1304539

and http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/antivirus_whitelisting

Finally, it is possible that your problems are due to running on a wifi connection.  Many people have no trouble at all using wifi for SL, but it is not supported by Linden Lab.  See https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Wifi-and-satellite-connections/ta-p/1296823

I too am having this issue with my desktop with windows 7 but not on my laptop with Vista. Have uninstalled and reinstalled everything while the firewall and mc afee was turned off. I see the slplugin come up in the Windows Task Manager and then it disappears and gives me the media_plugin_webkit error. Even put it on the white list and change the properties for it and still nothing. Has anyone found what fixes the issue?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3219 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.