How to enable RLV

davismoke999

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

15 answers to this question

5 hours ago, annexiia said:

Singularity  Dolphin  Catznip no bento support

Rubbish...

Catznip supports Bento.

Catznip is made by Kitty Barnett, the creator of RLVA as used in Catznip, Firestorm, and even Dr Singularities Frankenviewer.

32 Bit Frankenviewer does not support Bento, but the 64 bit alpha DOES, apparently.

Just use Catznip, it works fine, has Bento, has RLVa, You'll love it.

RLV depends on an ability for in-world scripts to control the viewer. The Linden viewer does not allow that. A number of third party viewers do.

Control of the viewer may prevent teleporting or force teleporting, add clothes or remove them, trap the avatar - no move, force animations on the avatar... block the user from doing things, chat, blank the screen (blindfold), teleporting, etc. Basically, the things you do with the viewer can be done by scripts controlled by others.

The Stargate system in SL has an RLV component. If you have RLV enabled in the viewer and a relay enabled, you dial and walk through the gate. Poof away you go no extra clicking.

You'll find some viewers support RLV and some RLVa. Most users will never notice a difference between the two. So, it is mostly a non-issue. But, some toys depends on a specific feature of RLV/RLVa and require one or the other specifically. I have not seen such a toy... but I hear...

All the viewers that support RLV allow it to be enabled or disabled. I hear rumors of an Extreme version that does not allow it to be disabled. Haven't seen it. Generally, you can log off and switch to a non-RLV viewer to reset your RLV permissions.

In addition to enabling the feature in the viewer one needs to use a "RELAY". Relays are generally a HUD or an avatar attachment. There are free relays and attachments as necklaces, rings, bracelets, etc. These too can be enabled or disabled.

If you wear a mesh body, your RLV is going to require some setup to be fun. With a classic body the setup is minimal. 

7 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

All the viewers that support RLV allow it to be enabled or disabled.

WRONG...

All viewers that support RLVa allow it to be enabled and disabled...

The MAIN RLV viewer is Marine Kelly's Restrained Love Viewer, which has NO option to disable RLV (or certainly didn't last time I use it for a test, last year), its part of the standard policy for that viewer that you 'disable RLV' by switching to the Official SL Inferiority Viewer.

But, some toys depends on a specific feature of RLV/RLVa and require one or the other specifically. I have not seen such a toy... but I hear...

Mainly blindfolds and hoods designed to use the "vision spheres" in the latest version of RLV, unsurprisingly Marine's RLV products use... RLV... But have an RLVA fallback option.

In addition to enabling the feature in the viewer one needs to use a "RELAY".

Not exactly true either...

You ONLY need a relay for scripts in non worn items to work, worn attachments  NEED NO RELAY.

Oh and there's a script you can drop in an attachment that listens to the Stargate's private channel chatter, and TP's you, without a Relay as well.

8 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

I hear rumors of an Extreme version that does not allow it to be disabled

That was simply the use of a standard RLV/RLVa viewer with a 3rd Party Launcher that changed your password and hid it from you so you couldn't log in manually with a non RLV/RLVa Viewer, it was banned for ToS violations, because it meant giving your login details to a web database owned by somebody else...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Klytyna said:

(regarding relays)

Not exactly true either...

You ONLY need a relay for scripts in non worn items to work, worn attachments  NEED NO RELAY.

You're both right on this one.  The "relay" IS the worn attachment.  Most often a slave collar.

On 6/25/2018 at 9:36 AM, Klytyna said:

That was simply the use of a standard RLV/RLVa viewer with a 3rd Party Launcher that changed your password and hid it from you so you couldn't log in manually with a non RLV/RLVa Viewer, it was banned for ToS violations, because it meant giving your login details to a web database owned by somebody else...

Thanks for corrections.

Marine is doing something with a newer version Extreme that complies with Linden rules. Experimental.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.