How do i change my time to match my new time?

HoTbAbEy23

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1 answer to this question

The viewer doesn't know where you are, or care either.  As far as it's concerned, the only time that counts is SLT, which is Pacific Time, on the west coast of the United States.  That time is always displayed in the upper right corner of your viewer.

What does matter is the the local time that your computer knows about, so that it can make the proper time zone correction to match SLT..  That's the time that shows on your computer's own clock, displayed usually in the lower right corner of your screen regardless of what program you are running.  The reason that it's important to Second Life is that your viewer and the Linden Lab servers in California always have to be very closely synchronized.  They compare clocks -- the way that commandos synchronize their watches in war movies -- to be sure that they agree perfectly about what NOW means, so that a change in the servers takes place at precisely the same time as a change in your viewer.  If they get out of sync by more than 150 msec or so, you start to get performance issues.  Much more disagreement and you crash, or can't log in.  That's why it's important for your computer's own clock to be correct.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.