How do I disable MY login notification to friends?

Awgidawda Gazov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Sometimes I want to login to clean up inventory or assemble an outfit and I don't want constant IMs.  I need a way to disable/enable MY outbound login status to friends.  I know there is a "do not disturb" state but this to me is rude.  It is much better if friends don't know I'm on for some operations. Thanks! 

3 answers to this question

Hi Awgidawda,

In LL's SL viewer, you must disable that on a person-by-person basis by opening their profiles, clicking the gear icon and selecting "Permissions". Uncheck "See my online status". In Firestorm you simply open your Friends list and toggle the li'l eyeball icon way over on the right for each Friend.

Doing that doesn't prevent people from determining if you're online. Scripts can still find you, and you'll still show as "Online" in group membership lists. To truly go invisible, you'll need to create an alt.

• Like 1

By far the easiest way is to create a new account and work as an alt when you don't want to be disturbed.  That works fine as long as you are doing things that can be shared, like almost anything creative.  When I am busy scripting, I am almost always on line as an alt.  If you want to work on tidying up your own inventory, though, you can't avoid logging in as yourself.  In that case, just remember that you are in charge of your own life. I agree that is seems rude to go into Busy status.  Worse still, if someone sends you something while you're in Busy status, it will be refused automatically.  However, nobody says that you have to respond if someone sends you an IM.  You can always do your work at some secret location and then conveniently be AFK and "Ooops!  I missed your call!"  :smileysurprised:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.