How disable HTTP Textures in Firestorm 4.7.3.47323?

Ashenya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi

Recently I upgraded my Firestorm viewer to the new version 4.7.3.47323 and I 've noticed that the viewer is slower than the previous version 4.7.1.41325 and I think that is because in the new version of the viewer is enabled HTTP Textures by default, because I 've tried the previous version of the viewer (v. 4.7.1.41325) without HTTP Textures activated and works very well without slowness.

My question is how I can disable HTTP Textures in Firestorm 4.7.3.47323 please?

Thanks for your help :)

6 answers to this question

You cannot disable Http Textures on 4.7.3. If you attempt to change the debug setting while logged in on an SL grid, the viewer will override it & Http Textures will always be enabled.

UDP texture fetch has been deprecated on SL grids.

How is 4.7.3 being slow for you?  Is it textures and mesh that are being slow to fetch or are you having a problem with general slow performance & low FPS?

Are you using Webroot antivirus software?

• Like 3

Hi Ashenya,

I doubt HTTP is the problem, but you certainly can experiment. I'm not sure if that setting is available directly in Preferences, but the Debug variable is:

imagePipelineUseHTTP

And you'd set that to False using Show Debug Settings... in the Advanced menu. Start typing the variable name and the viewer will start auto-completing. Type until you get the correct variable.

If the setting has vanished from Preferences, there's probably a good reason for it. HTTP textures have been the default for quite some time (years?). I imagine UDP textures will eventually be deprecated and you'll have no choice but to use HTTP.

Good luck!

• Like 3

On 1/29/2020 at 7:24 AM, RandyMarino said:

NO one answered the question. How do you change it?

Whirly told you that in Firestorm there is a Debug Setting you can change. BUT, the viewer is going to override that setting and use HTTP no matter what you set that setting to. You cannot effectively change the setting. Madelaine gave you the setting name. But what is the point of changing a setting that doesn't work?

To have your viewer work with SL it has to use HTTP. There is no other choice. The SL servers will ONLY deliver content via the HTTP protocol. Without the HTTP protocol active nothing in SL will render, no buildings, no clothes, no avatars.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.