Grass and Water not rendering

LucindaLucard

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have dowloaded V3, the Singularity Alpha and the latest Firestorm Viewer that all use the V3 rendering. I cannot see grass and the water is not well defined and I can see to the bottom of the water. When I put my antialiasing on 16x the grass shows but the water stays the same. When I log out and log back in the antialiasing goes down to 2x or is disabled or I have to switch between mid and high graphics to get the grass back. Furthermore, things do not want to rez as in textures and my av, I set my rendervolumeLODFactor to 4 and it helps but than I log out and log back in and it resets.

2 answers to this question

I had this problem with a version of V3 about 2 revs ago.  At first I thought it was the viewer cause when I rolled back it went away.  But then I noticed that my XP system with an nVidia card didn't have the problem on that version.  Only my Win7 with the ATI card was showing the problem.  And of course then I realized I hadn't update my graphics drivers in awhile.  I upgrade the drivers and everything came back looking ok.

--Cinn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.