Friends list not loading, nor can I teleport, what am I doing wrong, already reinstalled SL?

Nakuto Frostwych

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Today its taking Requesting Regional capability 3 tries before finishing logging in. Friends list aren't loading, Inventory keeps "fetching." Teleports don't work, keeps logging me out or crashes. I've cleared my cache and reinstalled Viewer 3! What is going on? This hasn't happened before. Only reason i use Viewer 3 is to see mesh. Cant run the other viewers until I get a better video card, though they seem to be having the same problems anyway.

5 answers to this question

It really sounds more like a "SL weekend" issue than a viewer issue. There have been some bizarre things going on with the database the last few days -- not to mention the Pathfinder issues. Re the viewer issue, you might want to try Singularity which will let you see mesh and is much less stressful on your system. Even my six year old laptop can run it (not pretty mind you). I think it is more likely that time will fix the issue but having a viewer that takes less resources might help.

• Like 1

I haven't been in world today, but I noticed last night some of the "system" stuff, like friends, profiles, was so slow. There is a bug that is triggered when you change sims, which can cause permanent fetching of inventory. There is a workround for it until LL fix the bug, but I have lost the jira link to it, so maybe someone else can post it.

If you have checked and find your internet connection fine (use http://www.pingtest.net/ if you wish to check) and you have not made any changes to your firewall(s), I can only suggest you try to reset the modem and router to see if that helps. Unplug both for a minute or so, plug back in and see if that helps.

Regarding mesh. Any of the newer viewers - LL or TPVs - can show mesh. No need to use the LL viewer if you don't want to. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.