Firestorm slow, HELP!

AyaNovellaAki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Well, it happens that I used to use Firestorm normally, And it was very well. After a long time, I left Second Life, and I came back but the problem is that is very laggy, even in sims where no one is there, just me, I don't know how to fix this, I really want to enjoy my SL again, I lowered the graphics, and a lot of things, I tried other viewers but still the same problem, I have deleted things from my notebook, so its not so heavy, and still bad. I have a HP ProBook 6440b notebook and it uses Windows 7, I guess something has or is influencing to be so bad, can someone please help me? What can I install, update, to make my SL fast and easy again? To the way it used to be. I had other notebook with Windows 8 and it worked perfectly but it crashed, and I have this one now. Please help! 

1 answer to this question

You are probably reaching the limits of what that machine is capable of doing.  The HP ProBook 6440b is a mid-range notebook for business use, not for gaming.  It only has 2 GB of mamory and it has an integrated graphics chip, not a graphics card.  You're never going to get more than mediocre performance in SL with a machine like that.  In the time that you have been gone, SL has added new features and all of the viewers have become more sophisticated. There's a lot more mesh for your graphics chip to render too. That means SL is expecting more out of your computer than it used to, so it's no surprise that you're finding more lag.  All you can do is

turn down the Quality slider in Preferences

reduce your draw distance

reduce the number of non-imposter avatars

reduce the Maximum Complexity slider

turn off advanced lighting

or get a new computer.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.