Building viewer-hmd viewer

arz88

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

At the moment I am trying to build the Oculus Rift project viewer from source (viewer-hmd). But this is not exactly going smoothly.

The configuration step always returns an error complaining about downloading or unziping packages. After some googling I found out that this is because it is trying to download from a private Lidnen Labs repository which I do not have access to, these are packages like libOVR for example.

The ones I found which use this private repository are:

• libOVR
  • Havok-Source
  • KDU
  • llphysicsextensions

I used the following command for configuring:

autobuild configure -c ReleaseOS -- -DFMODEX:BOOL=FALSE

Is there even a way to build this project viewer without access to these packages? I am fairly new to building Linden Labs viewers but I have been able to successfully build viewers like Firestorm.

Thanks in advance!

4 answers to this question

I am assuming you have seen: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Compiling_the_viewer

That page was last updated in Sept 2013. There have been a LOT of changes since then. Check Oz Linden’s page for more update to date information. Also, he leads an open source meeting on Monday mornings at 7AM SL Time. You can make contact there and find people that can help.

The new Build Tools Update Viewer in the alternate viewer page is representative of the direction the Lab is going with viewer compilation. See release notes. There is a bit more info in the SL Wiki but it is hard to find. A search yields this.

Probably the absolute best source of information on various resources that can help you is Whirly Fizzel. You can usually find her at the Server-Scripting UG on Tuesday and the Server Beta UG on Thursday. See Second Life User Groups.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.