Lab Chat Returns May 6th, 2016 with Ebbe, Oz, & Troy Linden!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok. i post my list, mabye asked before. All Sansar questions.

1. What sort of input devices is supported with sansar end of this year ? examples are xbox one controller, keyboard, mouse etc.
  2. Is it possible to combine simmiliar experiences into a big experience. Or at least let them share the frontdoor.
  3. Do we need to rent server space from Linden Lab or can we run own server ?
  4. Can Experience owners make a whitelist / blacklist with avatars that can or cannot visit your experience form other experiences ?
  5. What Communication possibilities do you have inside experience and between experiences ?
  6. Is there some notification system between experiences, similar with group notices in Secondlife. Only way to know some event start as example.
  7. Is Sansar having sailable water and terrain when it's open end of this year for the public ?
  8. Does sansar use default build scale and a better camera angle ? Not the bad scale and camera like secondlife ?
  9.  What is Linden Lab going todo for apple users , so the can use sansar when it's open for the public ? HMD is not important.
  10. Does sansar support larger font when it's open for public. especially on 4K screens a must.
  11. What are the graphics card requirements when public open ? Hopefull it runs on hardware that not need a Geforce 970+. It's not problem for me. but for lot's of others it is

1. When Sansar was announced, Ebbe said he wanted to allow custom armatures for all avatars and non-avatar objects. Will that be the case when Sansar goes live?

2. I assume that, even if completely custom armatures are allowed, there will be a standard bone structure for human avatars, to aid in creation of standardized clothing and accessories. Is this standard skeleton different from the SL skeleton? When can creators get their hands on a copy?

3. Will commerce in Sansar work similarly to commerce in Second Life, with regards to in-world transactions, marketplace, permissions systems, and transaction logs? What differences should creators expect to see?

SL Questions:  

1)  SL took a major leap forward with the introduction of normal maps and specular maps.   Any chance SL will support additional map types in the future, such as displacement maps?  Or move to physically based rendering?

2)  The newer Welcome and Social Islands are really very nice, and I particularly enjoyed the combination of short videos and interactive components.  Will we see similar edutainment-type experiences aimed at more advanced users?

Sansar Questions:

1)  This is just  a refresh of something that was mentioned in the Ask a CEO thread back in July:  Will Sansar still support "physically based materials with spec, smoothness, "metalness" and normal maps" as well as displacement maps?  

2)  Is there anything further that's recommended for creators who wish to be prepared for Sansar's public beta besides continuing to develop their 3D content creation skills and learning C#?  

3)  I noticed that the application form mentioned C#, Java, and LSL.  Is familiarity with Java helpful?  Or possibly Javascript?

Second Life questions

A    Money Fraud   and Spam in group chat

Tired of seeing same messages from different avatars 1)  trying /succeeding to steal accounts  2) and violate the TOS with spam for junky yard sales in group chat --we've been stuck with new/higher group fees or no group chat just so a tiny handful of jerks can peddle their secondhand junk.

Can you block 1)  that link /all links with word  "altervista "in it  2) block an LM to yard sales that are the locations that illegally advertise? ( block LMs to lands owned by that owner /group) . Banning those avatars would be first choice of course.

B    Inventory

With mesh sizes and outfits inventory counts are climbing.  While some people have tiny inventories others of us keep, shop, collect.     

Can we have tools inside inventory to manage it?  .  GREATLY appreciate the recent years inventory dependability--  items being lost forever  WAY down.  But having tools to streamline but keep existing items would be welcomed.  [ Ideas: ways to remove duplicate textures and unmodded duplicate items ]

I have been in SL for years. In this time I have seen many wonderful sims fall to the wayside all for the same reason, the cost of doing business within Second Life. As I explore, I see so much property abandoned and up for sale.  I have seen prices on computers drop drastically since I started, price of broadband has dropped yet the price of tiers have not. Will this be addressed one day?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.