Help Decide the Next Inworld Meetup Destination

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3251 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Community Manager

Bear Silvershade wrote:

One personal note: I hope these meetups continue, but would it be possible to occasionally hold one on a weekend? There are many SL residents, like myself and my partner Derry, that can't attend because they are held during the work week.

Hi Bear -

We're certainly open to the idea of doing a weekend one - just need to find a good weekend to do it. Thanks for confirming that there is an interest for it.

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for all of the great suggestions/recommendations. There is certainly no lack of incredible spots for us to explore in future meetups!

The location for this meetup has been decided and its going to be held at ... Basilique! See you there at 1 PM SLT tomorrow - May 14th, 2015!

533df0a83d691999068162.png

Basilique

Basilique is a lovely town set in northern Italy. Visitors are invited to walk the leafy square and waterfront piers, relax in the bar or cafe, and row around the lake before enjoying wonderfully immersive theatre produced by the Basilique Performing Arts Company. Visit http://bit.ly/thebasilique for more information.

Visit in Second Life

After April 24th, I was going to suggest a place dedicated to linux (and/or open source in general) as a tribute to Linux Community and as a reminder of Oz Linden's invitation for help. Unfortunately SLLUG's parcel in Maryport is small for a meeting like this and ama gi region seems to be (almost) deserted nowadays... :matte-motes-frown:

Well... Basilique is a nice and popular choice and I'm looking forward to meet you there.

I do, however, have a general suggestion: Maybe next time you could give us some guidelines as to how an ideal meeting point should be. I noticed not all suggestions were following modemworld's advices and also a confusion about whether we should be the owners of the place we suggest or not. 

I won't be there.

I have just been ejected from the region and banned.

The sim-owners have a humans-only rule and refuse to suspend it for the Meeting.

I have seen several Lindens with non-human Avatars, as well as there being a large number of furry residents.

And they seemed to be saying it's your fault for picking the venue.

• 2 weeks later...

This must be why people say Lindens are unapprochable, they hold their meetup events in places run by owners with a stick up their backside

Next one you have, have it on a place where everyone can go please.  I too missed this because I refuse to let some Hitlerian sim owner decide who I can or cannot be just to visit their overinflated lagfest.

i know of a cool park my park dynasty's kingdom then have these dark rides like the whacky shack and journey to the center of the earth. log flume dark ride. and other rides too. these rides are just like the ones in rl.here is the landmark http://slurl.com/secondlife/Schizura/234/98/31 here is the landmark for the front of the park http://slurl.com/secondlife/Schizura/204/50/31

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3251 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.