my shape won't come on casue it say it's not in the data base

Aaliyah Hana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3242 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I logged on good yesterday with my shape and when I went to mody a part on my body the shape starded to mess up,It say the shape can't be found in data base so i put on another shape that came with it but when I logged on it came off.I went to buy another shape and it did the same thing came off when i logged on.My old shape still won't come on me,but when I wear the new shape and click on the old shape the message comes back on and not goin on me.But I check my current outfits and it shows I got it on and not highlighted in my shape folder and still have on the new shape..can someone please tell me why this problem is happening.I tried everything.I relog,test my girl,redownload the game and on dif viewers but still the same.:catsad:

3 answers to this question

When you ask a tech question include information from the viewers HELP->About...

This problem is most often a connection issue. Having a good Internet connection does not mean you have a good connection to the SL server. Check your connection to SL: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Try another couple of shapes or make a new one. If more than one shape is havinga problem, it is probably an SL or connection problem.

It can be a problem on the SL side. Tuesday and Wednesday mornings region restarts load up the backend servers and all sorts of problems happen. Give it a few hours and try again.

Also, there is a bug in the restart process. Some servers restart in various states of disconnection. Operations has to find and restart those servers. So, go to at least 3 or 4 different regions to see if you can get around the problem.

Only as a last resort clear the cache. If you are having a connection problem or the SL asset server or other backend server is near capacity clearning the cache can make the problem worse.

• Like 1

I got your IM where you wrote: I had tried everything I know and I'm looking into that page u sent me...I made a new shape and even bought one but some reason when I logs on the shape is not on...don't know what to do.

This sounds like you are either failing to WEAR the shape or are wearing a mesh body that is hidding it.

Look through these tutorials and see if you understand how things work. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Video_Tutorials

You are not giving me enough information to offer you much help.... I sent you to a page that tells how to test your connection. You didn't tell me anything about what you found. So, I have no clue what you are doing or failing to do.

You will need to write a step-by-step describing each click you make in your attempt to get a new shape.

The easiset thing to do is press: Ctrl-Alt-Q to enable/reveal the Developer menu in the top meu bar. Select Develop->Avatar->Character Tests->Test Female. This will change your avatar to the most basic avatar possible. Now try to wear your shape or make a new one. Note the new shape without any changes is the same as the test shape. So, you will have to adjust the shape to be able to tell if your avatar is wearing the new shape.

Once you are wearing the Test Female avatar you can start your step-by-step.

You can IM me in-world to let me know when you have finished testing your connection and started these steps. Sending ne a note card in-world is the surest way to get my attention.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3242 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.