login fails to connect to home region

AmandaHoliday

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I cannot get to my home region since downloading the current update yesterday. It takes 3 or 4 tries to get the region capabilities, and then nothing happens. This morning, I dozed off long enough for the coffee to get to room temperature and stll had the the same screen displayed as when I started. Is it your problem in Moorinda, or mine? I have to ignore several parts of the new download or cancel the download. I suspect that means I'm not running with all features. Or is it ours? Does the new download mean my computer is no longer capable of visiting without something else downloaded?

Two to three hours later, I tried again but went to another site. It worked. Went home to Moorinda, and lost my cabin though the frame was there and the contents were mostly there. Went to my saloon, and a part of the contents weren't there. I think it's a Second Life problem in Moorinda from that experience. Willing to try anyway, I tried to change outfits but got a warning that there were no outfits stored despite the list or that I wore one when I got there..That makes it partly my problem.

How do I make an outfit if it won't accept either shape or skin? I tried to load one of the stock avatars but that didn't work either.

Emergency is OVER. I ran a system cleanup and defragmented afterward. Problem with ome items continued until I ran a quick clean up and another run with the defragmenter. The system seems to work just fine now, once I sort out the wardrobes for individual outfits which all wound up in one outfit without a name. Thanks all who tried to help..

1 answer to this question

try login in at another region

try resetting your connection / shut down machine, shut down modem/router, wait a few minutes, restart modem/router and wit till it's up and running fully again, than restart your machine.

I have no idea what parts of installation you skip, but you have to install the viewer fully

You can add your system specs by loging in and edit your post. It will make a few things more clear to help you.

You'r talking to residents here, there's no Linden or official support on the forums. So there's no your or our side here :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2892 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.