im a cloud

angelica Friller

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

help!  the past two days when i have logged in i have been a cloud, other people can see me though.

i have cleared cache and everything else that has been recommended on previous discussions like this.

the weird thing is, i have two avi's.  one i have no problem seeing when i log in, but the other one is just a cloud.

im using the phoenix viewer.

any ideas?

thank you

4 answers to this question

That happened to me last week using Phoenix. It was bug.  I tried re logging in using the old viewer and I was still a cloud even though people could see me.  I used Live Chat and got a great representative who told me to do the following: Before you do this make sure your current shape and skin are saved in you inventory and you know where these items are.

Log in, go to Advanced Menu, Character, Rebake; if that doesn't work then select Female or Male whatever you are.  This will return you to the "noobie" state but you will come out of the "cloud" state.  Just re create your Avi which is what I did.

I think what happened to me was that there was a "bug" in the Phoenix viewer and something got attached to my Avi that I could not remove.  In my case I noticed a "shape" had attached; a shape I did not recognize. I could not "detach".  Good luck

The advice given above works perfectly if you are using pheonix. If you are using viewer 2 then before you log in switch to the "Basic" option instead of advanced and then select avatar and choose a noob avi. Make sure you save your previous shape and skin somewhere so you can quick rez them.

I tried clearing my cache and rebaking textures. None of it worked and i couldnt get a hold of anybody on live chat. but reloading your character as a noob worked perfectly. Thanks for the advice.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.