i can't open boxes or load contents in edit mode

Simon Fenwitch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just got a new pc and now i cannot i open boxes or load the contents of objects in edit mode :( On my oold pc, everything worked fine. Sometimes, I can open a box, then it will not do it anymore - almost as if there is a limit on how many i can open.

I am using Windows 10 (which i was before, on old cp). and i now have a Dell XPS 8900 with an intel core i7-6700 cpu and 16.0 GB of installed ram; 64 bit operating system. 

Yes, the items are mine. I can't even open a hud with 2 items in it, one the config card! :(

UPDATE: problem solved:  it turns out the PC came with some software for me to try called ByteFence Anti-Malware. It kept opening every 10-15 minutes wanting to run a scan. This was using up a lot or resources on the pc running in the background. So, when i ended the program so it couldn't run, i was able to do everything in SL again! :D

4 answers to this question

That's very odd.  I assume that you have permission to open them and edit them, right?  If someone else owns an object and has given me perms to edit but has not set the object to share with a group that we both belong to, I can't drag anything out of its contents.  I can put things IN, but not take them out.  Maybe that's your problem too.

I just resolved this issue for myself--also running a new ASUS computer. I had to disable the Reason Core Security app that was running supplemental to McAfee. Once I did that, I was immediately able to load contents from the box into my inventory. 

Check your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware firewall, etc settings, or try disabling them for 10-15 minutes to test. More than likely, that could be your issue, as well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.