how do i report a region down?

Fagina Heinkel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4019 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

15 answers to this question

What is the exact message you recieve? How are you attempting to teleport - via a teleporter, which is how it sounds, or via "teleport home" in your viewer, or using a landmark?

Only the region owner can report the region being down, if I'm not mistaken. (Which I could be.) But before you assume it's something wrong with the region, see if you can get there another way - head to a neighboring sim and walk in, use a landmark, teleport home. Also see if anyone else has access to the region.

• Like 1

Okay, the message I recieve is that I don't have access to that teleport DESTINATION, not teleporter. That's what was confusing. It means the location may, in fact, be down, or that access may be restricted. Are you renting? If so, do you have a group tag for the people you're renting from? Try wearing it. Otherwise, contact your landlord and let him/her know.

How to report an offline region

• "This region is offline."
  • "The simulator is offline."
  • "Region not available."
  • "We've got a sim down!"

No matter how you put it, it's the same thing: sometimes a region will go offline, rendering it inaccessible. The reasons are many and various. The important thing is to report it so that Linden Lab can correct the situation.

32px-KBnote.png Note: Remember to check the Status Blog — Linden Lab might already be aware of the issue, in which case we're working to fix it.

To report a region as offline, submit a support case. Both basic and premium account holders can submit cases for this particular problem:

1. Under What type of problem are you having?, select Land & Region.
  2. Under Land & Region, select Report an offline Region.
  3. Enter the region's name and any other pertinent information, such as anything unusual observed before the region went offline
  4. Click Submit.

Linden Lab will address the report as soon as possible.

Are you renting land on a private region? If so, it could be the estate manager or sim owner has temporarily restricted logins for one reason or another.  Contact the person to whom you pay rent and see if they can shed any light on the situation for you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4019 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.